Tensions

Third Person POV

As Kara and Lena made their way to the infirmary of the DEO, the loud bustling of agents in the background fainting as they entered the room. The eldest Danvers sister was still lying in the bed, her eyes closed, her chest rising and falling steadily.

Kara's eyebrows dipped as she looked to her soon-to-be sister-in-law, "I thought you said Alex woke up?" Maggie sighed, pressing her hands to her knees as she stood up to face the couple.

"I got too excited. She's only showing signs of waking up. Sorry, guys," Maggie cringed apologetically before speaking again, "Kara, we need to talk." Lena glanced at her girlfriend, realizing how awful she looked. Well, Lena always thought of, knew, that Kara was gorgeous. Maybe even the most beautiful being in the universe. But those dark circles as bags beneath the heroine's eyes and the crease between Kara's eyebrows as baggage and worry was heaved onto Kara. 

The youngest Luthor shook her thoughts away, nodding at Kara and leaving the room, not only after placing a kiss onto her lover's lips briefly. Lena decided to go geek out in her lab at the DEO while she waited for Maggie and Kara to finish talking.

Once they lacked a certain brunette, Maggie sighed, turning to Kara, disappointment in her eyes. Kara looked down to the ground. This was the first time they had actually talked for weeks. Maggie was pissed. She was pissed because she believed in Kara. She believed that the youngest Danvers wouldn't go down that hole, she believed Kara would talk to her and keep her promise to Alex. But the reporter didn't.

After a minute of silence, Kara spoke up, "Alex can hear what we're saying... can we take this conversation elsewhere?" Maggie merely nodded, understanding how Kara didn't want Alex to find out this way.

As they made their way to the locker rooms, Kara felt a wave of darkness consume her thoughts as her mind wandered to her father. Her mother. Especially that dream she had had. She hadn't realized that they had arrived at the locker rooms until Maggie cleared her throat.

"You alright, Little Danvers? You... look pale. Well, you look like shit in general right now," Maggie pointed out, mentally facepalming herself for her snarky comment. Kara sighed.

It took the blonde a minute to answer, "Everything's fine. Lena put me under probation at work, she's getting rid of any alcohol in our apartment, and she's telling bars, especially Al's Dive Bar, to not serve me anything alcoholic. I- I'll be fine," Kara knew it would take her some time to get back to where she was, where she was being where she was before she and Lena had that argument at the gala.

"Kara," Maggie began, "you... as a drunk? The things you said? Do you remember those nights you'd come back to the apartment and you had mood swings. Sometimes you were angry. A lot of the time, you were... sad. The rest, you spoke gibberish. Probably Kryptonian. But the things you said when you were angry..." the detective shook her head, placing her hands on her hips.

Kara shook her head, "Mags, I'm so sorry... I never wanted anyone to see me like that. The things I said, I'm so sorry. I never meant them. I say dumb things when I'm drunk, especially when it becomes a habit," Maggie nodded.

"It's alright. As long as you're getting the proper help you need, I'm here. I made a promise to Alex," Maggie sat down on a seat, "It was to make sure you didn't become an alcoholic again. I failed. And I'm not gonna fail you again," 

Kara was beginning to worry as the detective continued, "And that is why," Maggie produced Kryptonite-laced handcuffs from her tactical belt, "you need to go to rehab. I know you won't go willingly... so I have to use force," Kara took a step back.

"Please don't make me use force, Kara," the detective pleaded. Kara shook her head, tears welling in her eyes.

Mustering the strength she had in her voice, the Kryptonian spoke, "Was this your plan? Does J'onn know this? Heck, does Lena know this?" Maggie sighed.