The Yule Ball

Despite the very heavy load of homework that fourth years had been given for the holidays, Estella was in no mood to do extra work once term had ended, and spent the week leading up to Christmas enjoying herself and spending loads of time with Harry.

Snow was falling thickly upon the castle and its grounds. The pale blue Beauxbatons carriage looked like a large, chilly, frosted pumpkin next to the iced gingerbread house that was Hagrid's cabin, while the Drumstrang ship's portholes were glazed in ice, the rigging white with frost. The house-elves down in the kitchen were outdoing themselves with a series of rich, warming stews and savory puddings.

On Christmas Day, the four sat in front of the mini Christmas tree in Harry's dorm, exchanging gifts and laughs.

She'd gifted Ron a ton of sweets, a Chudley Cannons jumper, and a fancy pin to wear with his dress robes. For Hermione, she'd gotten the book of Merlin which included loads of unknown and powerful spells, a new set of quills, and a poster of her favorite muggle actor, Luke Perry. For Sienna, she'd gotten a jokester survival kit, a guide to healing since her intended career after Hogwarts was a St. Mungo's healer, and a pair of muggle Vans that Estella and Sienna had fallen in love with. She'd gotten Mrs. Weasley a charmed cleaning device which would diminish the number of household tasks she was subjected to each day and Mr. Weasley, a muggle book depicting plumbing, for she'd previously heard him raving about it earlier. While she'd gotten her father a picture of him and her mother, which she'd gotten from Sirius and took a copy of and his favorite cologne. Lastly, for her grandfather, she'd gotten him a set of colorful socks and a new set of robes.

For Harry, she'd gotten him a scrapbook of memories throughout their four years with special letters on each page, a gag gift of a survival kit for surviving the Dursleys with muggle money hidden in the pockets so he wouldn't starve, and a jar of little notes consisting of 'remember when, quotes & lyrics, quidditch, reasons why you put up with me, and to do ideas when bored or for potential date ideas.'

Needless to say, Harry absolutely loved his gift and smothered her in kisses as she laughed.

"Harry!" she yelled as he tickled her sides, "I'm going to hit you!"

Within two hours, the two went separate ways as Hermione and Estella set off to get ready for the ball.

Estella was in charge of makeup, while Hermione was in charge of hair. The two took turns, firstly doing their makeup; Hermione wore a warm pink eyeshadow and pale pink lipstick, Estella wore baby pink shadow and matte lipstick, and black mascara. Estella's typically straight hair was now curled and parted on the side. Hermione's hair was half up, half down, and skillfully curled.

Once the top half was completed, Estella began to put on her dress.

"Merlin, Estella, your gown is beautiful," said Lavender as she walked into the shared bathroom to see Hermione zipping it up behind her.

Estella smiled, "Thank you, Lavender. You look absolutely gorgeous!" She wore a tight pink dress with a v-cut down the center. It perfectly suited her.

"Harry's waiting for you in the entrance hall," she said.

"Ok, I'll be right down." And with that, Lavender left.

Hermione moved next to Estella, looking radiant.

"Viktor isn't going to know what hit him!" she squealed.

The two set off down the stairs, Hermione going down the stairs first, shortly followed by Estella, who paused for a dramatic entrance. The previously crowded entrance hall was cleared as students made way for Hermione, shocking them with her appearance, despite the fact she'd always been pretty. It became silent as Estella walked down.