▪︎FUCK YOU, COCOMELON

━━━━ HEART SUNK, LIFE SUCKS

Mincing no words, there was no point in telling white lies. Why would you when there was no point upon committing a mendacious act?

The expression on Wilbur's face was subtle, you could barely pinpoint an emotion but it was there before it disappeared as soon as it came. The only thing you were able to catch was a slight eyebrow raise, parting of his coral pink lips. His eyes stayed unreadable as always.

Stepping away from you, his hands were set inside his lab coat pockets. Finally breaking eye contact. Wilbur seemed to be deep in thought, mouth set in a firm line, shoulders tense. For the first time, you could see something in his eyes, it appeared to be a faraway look. This situation must've been bothering him, but why? Dream's a simple A.I and nothing more than that... Right?

His tongue poked his inner cheek as his breathing got deeper the more he seemed to dabble on the thoughts swirling around in his head. Your mouth spoke before your head could process the words.

"Was there any way for a humanoid to feel emotions like humans do?" You blurted out the question which had been lingering in the back of your head for a while now.

He paused with eyes slightly widening at the possibility but had soon turned his face away from your sight.

"No, it's quite impossible for this to happen. Although artificial intelligence may have the ability to build and improve itself independently, emotions are only acquired for living beings," he spoke with full reassurance.

"But what if they are living beings? What if you had created a new life form━"

"It is still scientifically impossible," He quickly denied, his voice slightly rising at your obstinate self. "If anything, you would perhaps most likely have been an obsession."

Perhaps he was right, though even so, his words couldn't go through your thickhead because of your burning beliefs that there is a possibility. Were you somehow... hoping for it despite what happened? But why?

"You're free to continue on your day, but I forbid you to do anything troublesome. I'll be in my office." And with that, he was gone as the screens shut off leaving you in the dark except for the dim ceiling light.

You sigh deeply, disappointed the conversation ended so quickly. You wait a few seconds before exiting the office so your curiosity doesn't take the better of you and you end up stalking what Wilbur is doing.

Stepping out into the spacious hallway where you can either go left or right, you ponder, searching your brain to try and remember which side you came from. You choose right because you didn't feel like going left and you like to piss off everyone as well as yourself. You stumble upon an elevator and press a button to call it to your floor. Swaying on the balls of your feet you await the elevator. It arrives with a ding and you step inside.