Highness

Princes. Dream hated them. To him, they were selfish, stuck up, narcissists. Thinking about them made his blood boil, and he was constantly teased about it.

Knights, protecters of royal families. Dream trained all his life to be one, basically married to his sword. The problem about his dream job was the price it came with.

He was an S-Knight, meaning "Switch-Knight", meaning he had a schedule to protect princes at certain times. Only princes. The Kings and Queens said he was "too attractive" and that they "don't want our rich daughter marrying some blood covered man." He took it as a compliment.

He just missed the princesses though, how sweet they were, well some of them, and how they treated him like equals. Although he couldn't exactly express his gratitude, see, Kings and Queens have restricted words you can say, and their name is one of them. So you have to be formal at all times or else they fire you, it's dumb.

But once he moved to Princes. Jeez.

He despised the Princes he worked for. All except one named Sam. He usually forgot Dream was there, and did his own thing. Treating him like a friend but not really talking, just happily living in his own world.

Today though, was a day he got assigned a new Prince after his last one dropped him. All because he accidentally said "soap", a restricted word...

He walked down the path, flowers scattered everywhere. He showed his tag to the guards at the oddly huge, golden gate. It slowly opened, Dream huffing as he walked towards the castle doors.

A guard led him up a red carpet, towards two humongous chairs, shimmering gold. There sat a buff man and a dainty woman. Both in blue capes with fur.

His eyes turned to the young man standing close by, lips pursed as he furrowed his brows. He internally rolled his eyes. Of course he was attractive, but most likely a brat.

He bent down on one knee and bowed his head, "Your Highnesses." He lifted his head, watching as the man smiled. "Knight Dream, a pleasure to meet you." His low, British, voice grumbled out. "Thank you, I'm honored."

"Dream," The lady next him started, "We expect you to protect our boy with all your might." Her voice was flat and stern, almost like she had no emotions. "That is my job your Highness, I will not fail you." He stood up, the King standing up as well.

"George, come introduce yourself." The man walked over to him, a tall crown on his head. He had brown hair and brown eyes, and bubblegum lips. He was mostly hidden by his long cape, but he could tell he had his hands behind his back.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." He reached his hand out, giving him a glimpse of his body. A black tight shirt, and normal dark gray pants. How stylish. "It's an honor." It wasn't. He bowed down, ignoring his hand. He stood straight up, realizing he was actually ten times taller than the Prince.

"O-Oh..." He watched as George used his other hand to shake his lonely one. "We pay you every Wednesday," The Queen said, standing up and walking out the door. "Take him to your room George," The king said, "Your shift starts now."

He nodded, bowing down again. The king left as well, leaving the two alone. The silence was loud. "Uhm," Dream was already annoyed with this guy. "I guess we should go to my room then." He said flatly, reminding Dream of the Queen.

As they walked, he tried observing George and his body language. Trying to figure out what kind of person he was.

They walked up a flight of stairs and straight up to door. George opened the door, holding it open as he signaled Dream to enter. "C'mon." Dream walked in, seeing an interesting room. It had more personality than the Prince himself.