Chapter 49

TESSA'S POV: (a/n: lol ur welcome)

PRESENT DAY (A DAY AFTER TAYLOR'S PERSPECTIVE)

I woke up to my phone ringing loudly. I guess I forgot to turn off my ringer. Oh well.

I went to smack the hang up button, because who the hell could be calling me at 7:00 in the morning-

Oh. Right.

I picked up my phone and clicked answer.

"Hey Aura." I rubbed my eyes and shifted my body to a sitting position.

"Hey! How's dorm life?" She asked in her usual bubbly tone.

"It's the same as it was before. It's depressing that I don't have classes though." I sighed, knowing what her reaction would be.

I felt her glare through the phone so I laughed a little.

"I'm just joking. I'm actually sad because you aren't here." I smiled.

"Better answer. Better answer." She replied.

"I do wish I could go back to school though. I wish everything was back to normal." I sighed, falling back onto my bed.

"You sound tired. Did I wake you up?" Aura asked.

"Yeah." I said without thinking.

"Oh." She sighed. I quickly widened my eyes and responded.

"No! Not like it was a bad thing. I mean, I just, I-"

She started laughing at me so I rolled my eyes.

I don't like showing emotions. I think that's obvious about me.

The reasoning behind that is something I've never talked about.

Something I'd rather not talk about with anyone.

Aura is one of the only people who respect that. She's never asked me about it after I mentioned my childhood to everyone.

I had expected her to ask all about it, you know, her being her and all.

But she never did. I was relieved to say the least.

After last year, I slowly started to open up more. I laughed more than I ever had, and I smiled bigger.

I didn't know it then. Hell, back then I was oblivious to my feelings.

But that's when I started liking Aura.

She was the one constantly trying to make me smile. She was the one always laughing herself.

No matter how much I didn't like it, I slowly fell for her.

Her stupid smile lit up the entire room she was in. Just seeing her made me blush.

I tried to suppress my feelings, I really did. But everything that happened this year made it so much harder.

She had started to flirt with me, and she knew it messed me up.

I'd never had a crush on anyone before this. I didn't know what to do, what to say, how to act.

When she would care for me when I overused my power, I felt a sense of relief.

If I overuse my power, it gets too powerful and hard to control. That's why I pass out. But knowing that she's holding me and making sure I'm okay always helped to calm my mind from the illusions.

The hallucinations I make can get really, really bad. I usually make a villain think that they're on the edge of a cliff.

But sometimes if I'm not careful, my mind can take over. That's why I meditate. That's why I have a dorm all to myself.

The only other thing since meditating that has helped me is Aura.

I like to think of her as my crutch. Someone I can fall on that I know will always catch me.

I can't tell if she feels the exact same way. I know she has slight feelings for me. That much is obvious.

But my feelings? They're a bit extreme.

I've never felt like this before. I've never liked any feelings remotely close to this before.

And now it's like It's my entire personality.

"I think my parent's will let me come back to school soon. It's only a matter of time." Aura snapped me out of my thoughts.

"That's good. Everything okay at home? I mean because, well-"

"Yeah, so far nothing bad has happened. I'm hoping that I can continue the streak."

"I'm pretty nervous about tonight though. My grandparents are supposed to be coming over and you know how my parents are when they're around. They act like they love me only to yell at me after they leave. It's pathetic." She continued.

I sighed. "Sometimes I think you should just stop contacting them." I said.

"I wish it was that easy. The school called them when we got kidnapped and I was pretty much forced. If I had a choice I would have stayed with you."

I blushed a little and smiled. "So how long until you can come back?"

"Maybe another couple of days. I'm already packing." She laughed.

"Wow already?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"My parents just really wanna get rid of me I guess!" She laughed again, while I only widened my eyes. Her jokes about her family are always like this. I assume it's a coping mechanism.

I got up from my bed and brought my phone over to my closet, where I just grabbed a baggy t-shirt and loose jeans.

Aura started rambling about some tv show she was watching, so I listened while I changed into my outfit and brushed my teeth.

"So then, he used his power to-"

I smiled as she kept talking.

"Are you even listening?" She giggled.

"Wha- oh! Yeah of course."

I wasn't. I just really like hearing her excited about things.

"Whatever you say." She replied. She kept on rambling.

I walked out of my dorm and went down the stairs, on my way to get myself a coffee.

"Hey Aura?"

"Yeah?"

"Where do you even live?" I said, trying not to sound too creepy.

"Oh, I live pretty far from school. 3 hours or so? Why?" She answered.

I sighed in disappointment, knowing that was a bit too far for me to travel without the car.

Everyone's vehicles in school got taken away after the villains attacked. I knew it was for the better but now it was starting to piss me off.

"You wanted to come visit me didn't you." She said, and I quickly coughed.

"Okay that's a yes. Well it'll only be a few more days, I promise. And you know I never break a promise."

"Yeah I guess so." I smiled.

"Here. Facetime me." She said, so I clicked the button.

She appeared on my screen, with her signature smile spread across her face.

She brought her pinky up to her camera and told me to do the same.

"I pinky swear on it." She laughed.

______________________

A/N: This chapter isn't really written well but like whatever.

ALSO IM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER LMAO