34. All these years.....

"Jungkook...Jungkook....Kook...Jungkookie...." Taehyung whispered, shaking Jungkook's shoulder to wake him up. 

"Hmm?" Jungkook groaned without opening his eyes. "Can you tell me where the painkillers are? I think I'm gonna die" Taehyung whispered, afraid to talk normally and send bolts of pain up his head. 

"Serves you right....why did you go and get drunk, huh?" Jungkook asked sleepily, rolling over to stare at Taehyung with one of his eyes open. 

Taehyung's expression changed from pain to a scowl to disappointment and back to pain. This time, the pain was more emotional than physical. 

He just rolled back to his corner of the bed with his back facing Jungkook. Jungkook felt bad for saying what he said the second the words left his mouth. He clearly knew why Taehyung had been upset the previous day. 

He stared at Taehyung's back sadly. He was thinking about what to say when he suddenly heard a sniffle. 

One sniffle turned to two and then to ten. Jungkook rolled over to Taehyung's side and silently wrapped his arm around his waist. He placed his hand on Taehyung's chest and ran his fingers soothingly over the chest, creating random patterns over it. 

"It really hurts soo much...." Taehyung said and suddenly, he couldn't control himself anymore. He turned back and hid his face in Jungkook's chest. Jungkook tightened his arms around Taehyung, pulling him closer to himself. 

He sighed heavily while Taehyung cried for a while. Sure, he had been wanting to cuddle Taehyung for quite a long time now. But he didn't think the first time he would be cuddling him would be with Taehyung crying over his best friend. 

"I never hide anything from him. No matter what, he is always the first person to know everything. I can't believe he hid such a thing from me. It f-feels soo horrible" Taehyung cried. 

"I can understand...." Jungkook said, rubbing soothing circles on Taehyung's back. "But he really feels very bad about it.....just talk it out, huh? You guys have been too close for too long for you to be upset about this" he said softly. 

"I know...it just hurts soo fucking much...doesn't he trust me? Why did he hide it from me?!" Taehyung asked, but didn't let Jungkook answer him. 

He pulled himself out of Jungkook's hold and wiped his tears. "Can you tell me where the painkillers are?" he asked. "In the drawer under the sink. It's all the way in the back" Jungkook said, getting up from the bed. 

Taehyung took the bedside water bottle and walked into the washroom to take painkillers for his hangover. 

He didn't wait for Jungkook and went down, only to find Jimin having breakfast in the dining room. He turned back immediately and started walking back to the living room. 

"Tae..." Jimin stopped eating immediately and ran behind Taehyung. Taehyung didn't even stop. He just kept walking as if there was no one running behind him and trying to catch his attention. 

"Tae...please...let's talk...." Jimin said, stopping Taehyung from climbing the stairs by placing a hand on his shoulder. 

Taehyung violently jerked his hand off his shoulder and silently continued walking up the stairs. "Tae..please.." Jimin said, taking hold of Taehyung's wrist. 

Taehyung scowled as he tried to pull his hand out of Jimin's hold. But Jimin had quite a strong grip over his wrist. Taehyung ground his teeth and tried to pull his hand out harder. He even went as far as trying to kick Jimin's knee to get him away from him.