Chapter 51

Chapter 51

"Balloons?"

"Check."

"Streamers?"

"Check."

"Food?"

"Check."

"Booze?"

"Check," I said with an inward sigh, swinging myself around the counter and ushering a mug of tea into Gemma's hands. "Everything is accounted for. Everything is set up. It's all okay."

The whole day had been a whirlwind of last-minute preparation. Gemma had dragged us all out of bed at the crack of dawn, shouting and nearly crying orders to the three of us on what we needed to make sure was completed before the start of the party.

Thankfully, Amelia and Heather had each been good sports and taken all of these orders only with a mere mumble or groan. We all knew it was best to just agree rather than risk a full-on freak-out from Gemma – something that I had been worried she was possibly building toward this whole day.

"I just feel like I'm... missing something," Gemma replied, biting her lip and shaking her head. Boiling water lapped over the side of her mug and she placed it on the counter with a hiss as it came in contact with her knuckles.

"Maybe Harry?" Amelia asked from the couch with a snort. "Are we even sure he's going to be able to come?"

I shot her a glare, quickly stepping to Gemma's side. Her eyes widened at Amelia's words.

"Oh my god," she muttered, running her palms over her jeans. "May, he still thinks you guys are hanging out, right? You're still going to be able to get him there? I'm so stupid. I didn't even double check that. The one reason this party is happening in the first place–"

"Gemma!" I laughed, placing my hands reassuringly on her shoulders. "He's coming. He'll be there. I promise."

"What if he's sick...?" she quietly whispered. Her eyes nervously roamed my face. "Or tired? What if he just doesn't want to hangout with you today and we end up having to drag him there?"

I chuckled. "He'll be losing a lot more than just a party if he decides he isn't well enough to hang out with me today." Grabbing the tea from the counter, I blew on it a few times before placing it back in her palms. "Drink your tea. Calm down. Stop stressing."

"Thank you for doing this," she gripped my wrist, swivelling on the stool to face me. "Really. I appreciate all of your help."

I patted her hand a gave her a small smile. "Don't worry about it. I'm happy to."

She had already turned toward Heather who sat on the other side of her at the kitchen counter by the time I made my way over to Amelia on the couch. I could just make out Heather groaning loudly as Gemma asked for a third time if she should head back over to Ty and Luke's to make sure that everything was still as she left it.

"I'm gonna tie you to that chair," Heather hissed. "If you don't stop asking that. Everything is fine. We literally just left 45 minutes ago."

"This is going to be a long night," I mumbled, plopping down beside Amelia. Her blond hair fell onto my shoulder as I nuzzled into her side. "Let's hope nobody has a heart attack."

"Are you ready for today?" she looped her arm through mine and twisted her head to look at me.

I shrugged. "'M nervous to meet some of the people from Harry's town even though he said he probably won't know most of them–" Amelia's brows furrowed. I cleared my throat, quickly adding, "I mean... I doubt he'll know every person. Just because... y'know... there are over a hundred people going."