First Year // Chapter 2

The boy rushes to get up and extends his hand out for me. 

"I really am sorry! I should've been paying more attention!" He scolded himself as he pulled me up. 

"It's fine! No harm was done." I said brushing off my clothes. "My name is Lorrinda, Lorrinda Weasley. What's yours?" The boy looked down at his feet.

"N-Neville L-Longbottom." He stuttered out. He rubbed the back of his head with his hand and continued to avoid my eyesight. 

"Well, Neville. Why were you crawling on the ground?" I asked moving my body to where I could see his eyes. They were a lovely mix of green and hazel with maybe a slight hint of blue. The longer I looked into his eyes, the more entranced I became. 

"I-I lost my t-toad ... a-again." He said moving his head once more to avoid looking at me. I sighed and grabbed his shoulders. 

"You don't have to hide, from me," I told him. "Would you like some help?" I offered. He finally looked at me and I swear for a split second I saw a smile appear on his lips. 

"Y-yeah! I-I mean if you w-want to?" He said. I nodded and explained I was going to quickly change into my robes and then I would join him. He smiled and I quickly walked into the restroom and changed. 

I came out and couldn't see him anywhere. I walked a few steps away and ran into another person. We both leaned up against the aisle walls to stop ourselves from falling. I looked up and saw a frizzy-haired girl standing across from me.

"I'm sorry! I just wanted to get changed into my robes!" She said with a huge smile on her face. 

"It's fine! My name is Lorrinda. What's yours?"

"Hermione, Hermione Granger."

"That's a lovely name! Oh, have you seen a shy-looking boy walk by? Names Neville." 

"No I haven't," she responded. Luckily I heard a small voice call out from behind us. 

"Lori?" I turned to see Neville walking towards us. 

"There you are! I thought you left me." I joked. He just shook his head. 

"No, some boys walked by and I didn't want to be caught outside the girl's restroom, so I left..." 

"Good call. Neville this is Hermione, Hermione this is Neville." I introduced the two of them. Hermione extended her hand out with a huge smile on her lips. Neville shakily took her hand and forced a small smile. 

"H-have y-you s-s-seen a t-toad?" Neville asked Hermione. 

"No, I haven't. I would be willing to help look though!"Hermione responded. Neville nodded.

"Th-thank you!" He said as we split up. Hermione went one way while Neville and I went another. After we were a fair amount away from Hermione I started up some conversation with Neville. 

"What's your toad's name?" 

"Trevor. His name's Trevor." Neville said. He sent me a look that said he was shocked I asked. 

"What a lovely name! I don't have a pet of my own, but our family has an Owl named, Errol. My prat of an older brother has a new owl named Hermes. This leaves my twin brother ... Ron has a rat, named Scabbers. Pathetic excuse for a pet if you ask me." I told Neville. 

"I wanted an Owl, but my Gran said it was too expensive. However, once I found Trevor I loved him." He explained. "Gran will be mad if I can't find him!"

"We'll find him, Neville. Trust me. Now, tell me a little bit about yourself. What's your family like?" I asked him. 

"Well ... I live with my Gran, my parents are ... umm ... very busy all the time. I always wished for siblings but my parents can't have any more kids ..." He said. I noticed some tears started welling up in his eyes at the mention of his parents. I placed my hand in his.