11

"You know I never understood your love for these mind games" Sarah said as she stood beside Valentine on the ship after he glamoured people for Jace to kill as Valentine

"Jace is a good warrior but his loyalty is sorely lacking" her father answered her looking over at the ocean.

Sarah scoffed, "You can't force someone's loyalty. It doesn't work like that"

He shrugged before standing straight, "We'll see. Now, come with me" She sighed before following him.

Jace was being beaten up by Valentine's men while the other prisoners rattle their cages, water was being thrown at Jace.

Valentine walked in with Sarah in tow, "Enough!" He demanded at the men who scrambled to their positions leaving Jace who was breathing heavily, his body all beaten up.

This didn't stop Jace from taunting Valentine, "I killed you twice today. You wanna go for another round, huh?" He breathed out.

"You're a born fighter. I like it. Get dressed." Valentine ordered him while activating Jace's healing rune, "We have a lot to talk about."

"PS: Don't eat the spaghetti" Sarah muttered to Jace before entering the kitchen to Valentine cooking while tasting the sauce, "Hmm. Needs pecorino, hmm?"

He turned to Jace and Sarah who stood beside each other, each one of them crossing their arms in front of their chests, "Do you remember your fifth birthday? And I made you two spaghetti? Your absolute favorite."

Jace scoffed at Valentine, "Michael Wayland used to make us spaghetti."

"Just try some." Valentine urged

"You really think I wanna have a meal with you?" Jace argued as his eyes settled on the set of knives, he looked at Sarah who shook her head, he ignored her quickly grabbing one and throwing it at Valentine who evaded it making the knife embed in the wall.

"Didn't I teach you not to play with knives? Look, I know that head of yours is full of questions. So, go ahead. Don't be shy." Valentine said urging his son to ask him.

Jace shook his head, "Why did you fake your death and pretend to be Michael Wayland?"

"To protect you from my enemies. As Michael Wayland, I knew you'd be safe." He answered not taking his eyes off of Jace.

Jace snorted in response, "Safe? You made me an orphan. I spent my entire life mourning a father and a sister I thought died in front of my eyes."

"Well, it made you stronger, didn't it?" Valentine retorted not showing any remorse for his past actions.

The blonde shook his head, "No, the Lightwoods made me strong. They took me in, they trained me. If anyone's my parents, they are." He paused for a second before throwing a quick glance at Sarah, "Why did you take Sarah with you?"