Part 37: The hidden Principal

This was rather surprising on my part. 

But then again, who else could he be other than the principal?

Gently smoothing my dress, I got up and did a refined bow. 

"Greetings. I am Roselyn Villinie. Thank you for having me here." 

I gave a fluttery smile, one that would make even the coldest men blush. 

I wasn't the individual to seduce someone older than me, but it was more like personal payback. 

Plus, even if he was older than me, it couldn't be more than 10 years old, which was a surprisingly normal age between between married couples. 

Roselyn had a pretty face, so why not put it to use?

He gave me a cold glare, one that made me flinch, and sighed. 

"Alright!" He clamped his hands together and sat down, "You must be desperate for answers."

'Haha. I guess he liked to beat around the bush. But that's just perfect for me.'

"First off, about the cur- Ahem! About the spell  put in that corridor, I'm truly sorry about that." 

I looked up to his face, but he didn't look sorry much and more like 'deal-with-it'. 

And he did almost said curse, didn't he?

"Only those who have a strong mind can pass through. As long as you reach the wall, you can come in my office!" He went into a thinking pose. 

"Basically, that spell was just a precaution for intruders. I can't protect this lovely room at all times, you know. I don't have that much free time. It only makes people forget who they are completely. But it only half-influences your newly made memories if your mind is exceptionally strong. Like how you didn't forget the directions here."

He pointed a thumbs-up at me, but it didn't reassure me at all. 

"So if my mental resistance wasn't that strong.............I would have been trapped there?"

His eyes turned thoughtful for once. 

"Well, I had a hunch that you would manage to come inside anyways. Plus, even if you do get trapped there, I'll fish you out within a week."

I looked down. 

'Thank god I had mental resistance...........................'

"But anyways, enough of this useless talk. I didn't bring you here to discuss how much you liked the spell and such."

My whole figure halted. 

"T-that's right." I did a fake cough, stuttering from my mistake. 

I had almost lost sight of the reason of why I came here.

"It's simple, my motive. I want to help you." 

I cocked my head, wondering if I had heard right. 

Though I haven't seen this guy for more than 10 minutes, I could already tell he had a lot of pride. 

"Help me? You?"  I almost broke into laughter before I regained my common sense. 

"I see that you don't believe me." He twirled his pen in the air. "Tell me, who was it that assisted you when you got into hot water with Ellios? Usually, I would only let the receiver hear my announcement. After all, I wouldn't want the whole school being suddenly aware they actually had a principal. But, I did make sure that Ellios heard it."