FLASH PROMPT

THIRD PERSON POV
11/20/20XX+23
Afternoon

For a tiny place like Inaba, it's unusually bustling with business.

Maybe because of how a lot of people coincidentally decided to wander around at such a day, or there was some sight ready to be witnessed.

Not that one little girl honestly cared while she was playing at home.

The golden sun splintered through the window blinds in amber beams of light, setting the little girl's toys as if they were on delicate fire. The wooden swords, blocks, toy horses, figurines, and shogi board glisten under the sunset. It was almost twilight, and she didn't seem like she was any interested to go to bed.

"And oh, no! The town is in trouble! Maples-" she squeaked.

She looks behind her, and her eyes glare at her fluffy dog just sitting by the corner.

She stands up, her stature showing her petiteness as a seven-year-old. "Maples, didn't I tell you to crash the blocks so that SuperKameko can save the day?"

In the air, she waves her stuffed turtle with paper taped behind its shell like a cape.

She doesn't get an answer. The little brown dog just wimpers by her side, then prodding to the open TV with the news blaring on.

"Maples~!"

A sing-song tone emerges from the staircase at the other room. "Kaiyo? You there?"

Immediately, little Kaiyo's face lightens to the voice. She gasps and smiles at Maples. "Sh! Quick, Maples! Hide! Hide!" she whispers playfully.

If there's a command the dog understands, it's apparently 'hide'. It gives off one last woof before shuffling under the coffee table. Afterwards, Kaiyo takes Kameko with her behind one of the couches.

Amid her giggles, she hears the footsteps. "Now where did my precious little bean go? Do you really think you can hide from me?"

A slight laugh. "Not really..."

"Thought so- Boo!"

Right over Kaiyo's head, a man swiftly peeks over the couch backrest, revealing his wide smile and causing the girl to drop to the floor and squeal.

She lunges to reach for her stuff animal again, laughing. "Stop doing that!"

"Why not? Did I scare you?" he snickers.

"Why would I be scared of you? You're my daddy!" her voice lilts, cuddling Kameko.

The dad smiles. "Haha. Fair point."

"Where's mommy?"

"Oh, mommy? She's still at work. But don't worry. We'll probably be seeing her later in the shopping district," he says, bouncing a bit from the chair and buttoning up the coat over his shirt.

"We're going somewhere?"

"Yup! Tomorrow's your birthday, right? Gonna go choose your present, okay?"

Soon, Kaiyo stands from behind the furniture, still with her toy in hand. "Okay!" Her hands reach for the lowest coat by a rack and a hat. She shuffles towards her dad until she's being stopped.

"Ooh. You forgetting something?" the dad says, holding over the door.

It actually doesn't take Kaiyo long enough to notice the thing her dad's talking about. Like she often says, she's daddy's girl. She's smart. Right there, the TV news flashes headlines, awake and alive. Election News: Getting to Know Our New National Diet Member.