JAVIER X READER - Runaway (Short Story)

~this story is going to just be a little quick one because i think it's a good idea. i have a really good idea for another javier story but i really want to write an arthur one first and maybe a lenny. i also want to do some wlw ones as well!! plus i thought of a really good idea for my charles story which i would love if you were to check it out!~
(this story is written in the perspective of a cis female who uses she/her pronouns)

Also I don't speak Spanish very well i just know a small bit and i really apologise if it's not correct

POTENTIAL TRIGGER WARNING - slurs

ALSO THERE IS ARTHUR X MARY BETH IN HERE DONT ASK ME WHY I JUST WANTED TO DO IT :D

summary- you notice the gang is falling apart slowly but surely. after tilly, karen, mr pearson and uncle all leave you decide it's your turn. there's only one slight problem. you're in love with javier escuella

{THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS XXX}

You glance around the camp before sliding into dirty canvas of your tent at Beaver Hollow. The fact that the gang decided to stay at the same place where the Murfree Brood had killed so many people disgusted you. But it hardly mattered anymore. Soon, you would be able to leave it all behind. There was just one tiny little problem. Him.

All week you hadn't been as talkative to anyone, especially Javier. Despite you loving him immensely, you just couldn't bring yourself to tell him that you were going. You didn't want to kick up too much of a fuss.

The first one to notice you acting strange was Arthur.

You were standing at the edge of camp, looking off into the distant. This was when you were just starting to decide that it was the right thing to do to leave it all behind, even though it would mean sacrificing Javier. The only man you had ever loved

"Hey, Y/N, I'm sorry to bother you but are-are you ok? You ain't been acting like yourself, just been seeming kind of distant. Now, I ain't trying to be rude or intervene on your personal life, but is everything going alright with Javier?" Arthur asked quietly, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"No there ain't nothing going on between me and Javi....though I guess that we wont exactly work out if I go through with this... oh Arthur, I don't mean to trouble you with my pointless worrying but I'm leaving. I would have told you sooner. I'm going to leave in about a week or so. I'm sure you've noticed that things ain't been right around here this past few months. Dutch been acting real funny and he doesn't trust you anymore. Then John went and disappeared and I'm sure he's alive, Arthur, I swear he is. Dutch says he's dead but I can feel it in my bones. And after Tilly and Karen left that was the last straw. I'm going to talk to Mary Beth, see what she thinks of it and if she'll come with me. But...it's all just so rushed and I'm such a fool-" you rambled, started to raise your voice.

"Shhh, shhh, it's alright, Y/N," Arthur says, holding you by the shoulders and looking you in the eyes. "Now there ain't nothing wrong with anything you're doing, and you're the least foolish person I know. And please, if you're going, get Mary Beth outta here. She should of left with Tilly and Karen ages ago. But I just have one question. You gonna tell Javier..?" his voice turned to a whisper, as he said the words that had been fluttering around in your head out loud.

"I-" you started and then shook you're head.

"Ok then...he gon' be real disappointed though. Ain't tryna make you feel bad, just telling the honest truth," he said, giving you a pat on the shoulder and waking away slowly.

—————————

The next person you told was Mary Beth, which had been part of your plan all along anyway. Surprisingly, she actually approached you first.