Ahlam's POV

I heard the opening of a door and I looked up, my eyes met with a man who looked roughly the same age as me. I'm going to get soo much sin for this but to put it in the least haram way possible his face was rather handsome.

His face was clear and blemish free, his face was radiating noor like the sun when it's at the highest point, he had a slight beard which was a golden brown sort of colour. His hair was the same colour and it was one grade all the way round. His eyes were breathtaking they were a beautiful green colour.

He was staring directly at me and as each second he stared my face was getting redder and redder. Baba had cleared his throat and Ayman realised what he had done I don't think it was intentional because he looked really embarrassed. We walked in to the Haq household and I was greeted by Luqman launching himself at me.

"Hello Luqman, how's my little man doing?".
"I fine khala, how are you?". "I'm fine jaan". My heart melted at Luqman calling me khala. Afiyah and Huzayl are doing a good job at raising Luqman he's very respectful. It made me emotional that he called me khala I don't have any siblings so I'd happily accept him as my nephew. "I brought you some things like I promised, so here's some sweeties and this is a colouring book and colouring pencils for you". "Thank you soo much khala, I love everything".

I felt eyes on me and I looked up to see Aunty Khadijah and Uncle Suleiman staring at me with a look in their eyes which I couldn't really decipher. "Beta you didn't have to buy him all of those things, it was really kind of you! "Aunty I didn't have to buy him those things but I wanted to. When we last met in the park I was having a bad day and I met Luqman and he made me much happier than I was, when I first entered". "Beta your such a sweet girl, may Allah Swt, always keep you this way, May Allah Swt keep you happy and healthy and bless you in abundance". Uncle Suleiman said!

"Ahlam come, I want to talk to you". Aunty Khadijah asked. "Okay", Aunty led me into the kitchen where, it was empty. "Ahlam I wanted to talk to you privately, Afiyah was telling me how you and Ayman talked at the park, which I have absolutely no issue about as Afiyah was there. And your mum was telling me how you got irritated when she brought up by conversation about marriage. After getting to know Ayman a little more, how are you feeling. Not about the marriage thing just in general".

"Well alhamdulilah after talking to him, his character seems very nice mashallah, and we also both have quite a lot in common. For example us both being teachers. Also he's a Hafiz which is extra brownie points from me!".

"That's good beta, take however long you guys need to get to know each other, just as long as it's halal. Maybe you guys should make a WhatsApp group chat and add Afiyah in there that way you guys could talk but Afiyah would just be there in the background. I don't mean to inundate or pressure you into getting to know him it's just that I, well and truly believe that you would be an asset to our family".

"Inshallah Aunty I'll speak to Ayman and Afiyah about it, and maybe be we will make a WhatsApp group chat". "Challo, let's go in the living room to see what everyone else is up to!". Aunty said. I sat down next to Luqman and asked him "can I help you colour?". "Yesss!!! Let's colour the Batman in together khala".

Afiyah came in and laid the food out on the table, my mouth was watering. Of course I have to eat like a human in front of others but at home I eat like beast. We had finished eating and baba had to get ready for his night shift at the hospital which starts in forty five minutes.

We said our goodbyes, I hugged both Afiyah and Aunty Khadijah and then I called out for Luqman. "Luqman!! Come say bye before I leave". Luqman came and hugged me "bye khala thank you for my things". "It's okay, I'm happy that you liked them!".

We had left the Haq's house and arrived home. I made wudhu and prayed Isha, I asked Allah Swt for guidance I wanted to know Ayman a little more but overall I've kind of come to a decision. Not only about him but the mans family is a big thing for me like, I have to be comfortable around them and with the Haq family it's not like I'm treading on eggshells I don't feel uncomfortable at all, which is great because they're all soo welcoming and lovely. 

Authors Note :

How was it guys?
Comment and let me know!

Vote? 🤷‍♀️

Till next time,
Allah Hafiz 💕