aether + lumine ❧ delusion

"we lost you... again."

aether x reader x lumine angst ❧ the unknown god has handed you over to the fatui, serving under the tsaritsa as a vessel of a delusion

angst the unknown god has handed you over to the fatui, serving under the tsaritsa as a vessel of a delusion. your memories of the twins, erased.

(part two of promise)

.

"Why did it have to end up this way...?"

Lumine fell to her knees upon seeing you walk into the room. A purple Vision-like orb sat on your waist, swaying as you took several strides forward towards the twins and their floating partner.

"L-Lumine!" Paimon shouted, her voice caught in her throat as you slowly approached them.

A look of remorse and shock in the twin's eyes. they couldn't believe it.

"(y/n)..." Aether softly called your name out which caused you to freeze in place. You raised an eyebrow at the blonde boy. "How do you know my name?"

His breath hitched, realizing that something was clearly wrong. You rolled your eyes at them, "Oh, did Childe tell you? Probably— that foolish boy think he can really go around doing things as he pleases."

You slowly approached them, eyeing the husk of Rex Lapis behind them. A smirk laced your lips as you slowly reached for the delusion that rested on your waist, the orb was attached to your belt.

"Move, Travelers. I do not wish to involve you in this fight if necessary." Aether helped Lumine up before they stood before you, refusing to budge. You glared at them, "move."

Aether and Lumine shook their heads at you. "We're not letting you take the gnosis (y/n)! I don't know what they've done to you but—"

"SILENCE!"

The twins froze as you approached them, clutching your delusion before crushing the orb in your palm. A surge of power enveloped you, your body was plated with armor and a spear appeared in your hand.

"You will hand that gnosis over." You growled, pulled the spear back before throwing it at the twins. "Aether! Lumine!" Paimon shouted as dust clouds kicked up.

Lumine used the winds of Anemo to blow away the dust before noticing how close you were to her. A smirk laced your lips before you kicked her hard in the stomach which caused her to fly to the other side of the room, crashing into the earth. She grunted as she tried to pull herself up, her eyes widening when she saw you before her once again.

"Lumine!" Aether shouts, throwing his hand up to summon three geo crystals that flew towards you.

You used the spear to deflect the crystals easily but suddenly, you lost your footing as a whirl of gust surrounded you. You were taken up by an anemo tornado summoned by Lumine before her brother joined her side to ensure she was okay.

"I'm sorry (y/n)!" Lumine cried out as Aether summoned the crystals once again, shooting them into the tornado along with you. Aether looked away, unable to meet your eyes as the crystals tore your body apart.

Blood scattered across the room as the crystals dug into your skin. You let out a loud scream as one hit your upper body, a very blunt one that made your body go limp.

Lumine continued to cry, muttering 'sorry' over and over again. Aether comforted her, tears brimming his eyes as the wind slowed and you fell to the floor, unconscious from the blunt trauma.

The doors of the house opened, creaking and groaning before a certain harbinger walked in. "Oh dear, I guess (y/n) wasn't up for the task... No matter, you two will not disrupt our plans."

"Childe!" Aether shouted as the Harbinger walked in, the sigils flying around him. A smirk on his lips. He slowly made his way over to your unconscious body. Aether tried to reach out but was forced back by your delusion that was still in effect.

"(y/n) must be important to you guys, hm? The Tsaritsa has different plans however and you will not interrupt them." He walked backwards, the sigils glowed like embers. A wide smirk on his face as he crackled, "oh Traveler! How fun this has been but now, Liyue Harbor has fallen into calamity... Will you save it in time...?"

With that, a loud screech from outside the house caused Lumine and Aether to shudder as Childe walked away with you in his arms. they've lost you once again.