Chapter 13

"Hey, Grandma Lou." Ana and Finley greeted as they walk into the patient's room.

"Ana, Finley." Grandma Lou greets them with a smile. "How are you guys doing?"

"Remember when you said that when I bring Ana with me, I would bring her back with a ring on her finger." Finley picks up Ana's hand and shows the ring that sparkles in the light.

"Oh my." Grandma Lou covers her mouth with her hand. "I knew you can do it." She smiles. "My two babies are getting married." She hugs them. "One more to go."

"One more? You mean me?" Emilyn asked, standing at the other side of the bed, packing up grandma Lou's things.

"Of course. I promise your parents to have you married by 25."

Emilyn lifts one side of her lips into a small smile, "Who says I want to get married?"

"You are getting married. I'll set you up if it is necessary."

"Grandma," Emilyn whined.

"Don't worry grandma Lou, we have made a bet and my instinct says she's going to get a boyfriend soon." Ana smirk.

"Oh really?" Grandma Lou grin.

"Don't listen to her, she's spouting nonsense." Emilyn glare at Ana and warn her to zip it.

"Hi, looks like you are almost done packing." The doctor came in. "Yesterday, we check your grandma's vitals and it's stable. But, we have given her the medicine to ensure that the abdominal pain doesn't happen often."

"Is there anything that I should be cautious about?"

"For daily meals, try for less salt option and drink plenty of water. The rest I've informed you the other day." Emilyn nod. "If that's all, I'll take my leave now." The doctor gives a small smile and a nod before walking out of the room.

"Guys, I need to do something. Can you help my grandma with the packing? I'll meet you in the lobby." Ana and Finley nod, and Emilyn walk out the door to follow after the doctor.

"Excuse me," Emilyn called. The doctor turned around and asked, "Yes?"

"Hi, I didn't want to do this in front of my grandma. I just want to ask when can I come in to do a check-up?"

"For that, you can arrange with the nurse at the front."

"Oh, Thank you." Emilyn said; the doctor gave a small smile and left to attend to other patients.

Emilyn went up to the front desk and arranged the timing for the check-up. They told her that she could come in 2 days. With the good news, she heads down to the lobby, where all of them are waiting for her.

"Finally, what took you so long?" Ana asked.

"Got some things to handle," Emilyn said, and they didn't ask more. Finley drove them back home.

"Would both of you stay for dinner?" Grandma Lou asks.

"Of course, how can we say no." Ana chuckles.

"You guys stay and talk, I'll go see what I can cook with." Grandma Lou said once we enter the apartment.

"Grandma, rest. Don't worry I can handle dinner tonight." Emilyn assures her.

"Okay." But please don't make a mess." She warns them.

"We won't, we are professional," Ana said.

"I'm professional, she's not." Ana turned her head and gave a glare at Emilyn. "Don't worry, I'll make sure she doesn't burn our house down." Emilyn snicker. Grandma Lou can't help it to shake her head and head back to her room.