Prologue

Sometimes, a child's innocent eyes may see things, grown adults could not

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 years ago,

"Tà an francach tar èis dul isteach ina ghaistè, Master."

Killian gripped the phone tighter, clenching his jaws to pressed down the rage surging in him. That bastard double crossed him. How dare he took the words of an O'Sullivan lightly? Of course, there is only one way to get even. Death

"Kill him." He ordered before cutting the call.

Killian absolutely hated rats, he can't bare the sight of them. They grossed him out and the fact that one had sneaked into his den right under his nose, swindling important information to the rival mob was a huge blow to his man ego. He spared no mistakes, definitely not when it comes to his family. The Irish mob was his life.

Especially after what happened 6 years ago. He had to be more careful and precise with every step and decision he took. He could never bear to lose another important person in his life again just because of his carelessness. He regretted that day and it will forever be a reminder of his failure to stand by the oath of protecting his family.

"Master." a frightened weak voice knocked from the other side of the door. Killian grunted out a 'come in' 

The door open but he didn't hear any foot step, ' It better be important or else..'

The footman gulped, sweating profusely.

" Ms. Serenity fainted-"

Killian's eyes widened and he sprung out of his seat immediately before the guard could even finish.

"WHERE IS SHE?" he barked at the already frightened poor guy who seemed to have pissed in his pants.

"The West-w-wing clinic"

Killian's foot step were rushed, worry marrying his face as he stormed towards the small medical hall. The staff, there stiffened at the sight of their underboss and the eerie aura bustling off him. They knew not to utter a word that might possibly issue themselves a death certificate. Dr. Orlando appeared out of the white door, a calm look lightened on his wrinkled face as he patted Killian's tense shoulders.

Killian glared anxiously at the door, " What happened to her?" He demanded

" Everything is fine, Killian. Calm down. Its only fatigue and dehydration. A very common occurrence in anemia. Serenity is a very active child, she must have tired herself in the sun-"

"IN THE SUN?!" Killian roared, trying not to lash out on the doctor," I specifically ordered her nanny to not let her out in the sun. She gets dehydrated easily. For fuck's sake, its 95 degree outside!"

"Killian-"

"Bertha!" He yelled angrily.

A terrified young woman came running to him, head bowed in submission and fear.