17

Dylan Blake

Nate and I were sitting inside of the Ferris Wheel that was making its way up to the top. It was one of those closed Ferris Wheels that gives us privacy to do whatever we want.

I was sitting next to Nate and I rested my head on his shoulder as we looked at the breathtaking view, where we can see the whole town from up there.

"Hey, Nate, "I said softly.

"Yeah,"

"I want to know more about you."I sat up straight, "It's crazy how much I like you but don't know all that much about you.
What are your hobbies? Favorite movie?
Your go-to meal? What do you hate?"

"My hobby is reading poetry and doing any kind of sports activity, my favorite movie is SAW, my go-to meal is mac and cheese and I hate it when people call me by my full name."He answered in one sentence, "Can we enjoy this ride in romantic silence now?"He asked sarcastically.

I shook my head and chuckled, "Okay."

I put my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and I was very comfortable around him, hanging out with Nate wasn't like anyone else. He is gentle and has never judged me for being a freak ever since we first met.

"You're like, really great."He whispered in my ear.

After a few more minutes, the ride was over and we went out to see Bella outside of the ride.

"There you are!"Bella asked Nate angrily,
"You need to be in your booth, now."

"I'll go when I'm ready."He said bitterly.

She then noticed that I was there with Nate and that seemed to raise her suspicions.

"Why were you inside of a Ferris Wheel with my brother?"She raised her eyebrows.

"We were just hanging out."Nate pointed out, "Can you show me where the booth is?"

Bella shrugged and grabbed Nate by the wrist before dragging him to the booth and he tried to wave me goodbye but Bella was way too aggressive.

I realized that I was alone then and was planning to go home before I saw Emily in the crowd,

I walked up to her, "Hey."

"Oh, hey."She said excitedly, "What are you doing here?"

"I came with Nate."I mentioned and that did not please her, "What about you?"

"I also came with my date."She said and grabbed someone's hand from the crowd"Kyle, come meet my friend."

My heart started pounding.

"Hey, little guy."Kyle looked down at me,
"I think I saw a clown somewhere around here."

"I'm just gonna go, "I said without making eye contact with either of them.

"Why are you in such a hurry?"Kyle took a step in front of me, trying to make me uncomfortable,

"Stop being an asshole," Emily warned Kyle and turned to me, "Do you have a ride?"

"Of course he doesn't."Kyle pointed out,
"He has no friends and his siblings don't care about him."

I didn't reply and instead look down at the floor, trying my hardest to not mind him.