Chapter Twenty-Was it really for the best

The scowl present on the other man's face as he was furiously typing at his computer did nothing but increase Gulf's attention towards him. Wasn't five years enough for all the attraction to go away? Wasn't it enough to forget even a little part of that man? It should've been enough. Hell, he wished that it was. He wished that his heart will still beat a little less loudly when he see that man. How he wishes he wouldn't have o see that face anymore. But just like the sun, you can't ignore it. Even if you do, your eyes will fell on it anyway. 

And that man shines more than anything he ever saw in his life.

Gulf forcefully shut the window binds to not see him anymore. Cause seeing him but not being able to be near him, not being able to touch him, not being able to be the reason behind that blinding smile anymore was more than torturous enough.

"Sometimes I feel like you're a masochist ,kanawut."

He looked at Gun who was looking at him with pity in his eyes. Was that what he has been degraded into? A man who someone pity?

"If staying close to that man hurt so much then why are you doing it?"

He looked back at the papers on his table waiting to be signed. "I'm a realist Atthapahan." He took the first one trying to give his attention towards it. "He had talent. I'm only using it. That's all."

"Who are you trying to fool?" Gun's voice was not angry. Rather he was feeling pain for that man who refused to even acknowledge it. "Me? or yourself?"

He paid his friend's words no attention or at least he tried to. But he knew, in this charade, there was only one fool and that was him. "Don't you've work to do? The Board meeting has been moved to tomorrow. Is everything prepared for it?"

Gun stood up abruptly finally understanding that this man won't listen to him. "Somethings should be cut down fully before they took deep roots, Gulf. Cause the more stronger the roots are, the more hard it is to let go." 

Gun took the meeting file from the table. "If you want to quit it, if you want to quit him, then do it completely."

WIth that he was gone not noticing the other man who wasn't looking at him anymore. His eyes were fixated on the window outside.

Quit? Isn't that what he has been trying to do for the past five years. Still, he found himself going back again and again to that man. Just like he followed him like a shadow for the past five years. Just like he was always there when he started to walk again after the accident. Just like he was there to see his graduation. Just like a shadow.  a freaking shadow that doesn't have any destination.

A smile appeared on his lips. But the pain in his eyes was screaming in silent agony.

I wish...how much I wish I knew how to quit him

................ .............................. .......................

"But I just got his schedule today?" Mew explained finally not being able to hold his frustration anymore. Why was this man such a headstrong Jerk? It took him three days just to get that man's time.

"Cancel it, Suppasit."

He was seeing red. All of his effort gone with the wind again. This man. He should start researching about that book called how to kill your boss 101.

"And top trying to kill me in your imagination."

He was surprised as he looked at his asshole boss who wasn't even glancing at him. It was really weird though. It has been two weeks since he started working alongside  Mr. Kanawut aka the devil as others in the office says, but never for once did that man looked at him or give him any attention that lasted more than five seconds.