Chapter Sixteen

FOR THE PAST MONTH, SOLIS AND SIRIUS HAVE BEEN STAYING ALERT

FOR THE PAST MONTH, SOLIS AND SIRIUS HAVE BEEN STAYING ALERT. Solis is now almost 18 weeks pregnant. The morning sickness era is long gone. Now, the girl is only trying to not stress out about the whole situation of being pregnant, in danger and having to care about N.E.W.T.s. Everything was getting overwhelming, she's tired most of the times nowadays. Sirius tries his best to help her in everything, which she's thankful for but it's just not enough. Her heavy pregnancy hindering her from doing too much activity.

"Baby, what do you need hmm? I'll help you." Sirius gave her a small peck on the cheek.

"I'm fine." The girl forced a smile, she didn't want Sirius to worry. She's terribly going crazy inside, the Blacks didn't show any sign of dangerous movements but if they drop their guard, bad things will happen.

"I'm here. I'm here for you." Sirius wrapped his arms around her from the back and laid his head on her shoulder.

"Hmm." Suddenly, she felt something on her bump. The baby was kicking. Making her smile, "Your child is kicking right now." She chuckled.

"Really?"

"Really." Sirius got down on his knee and caressed the baby bump. He was in awe as he felt the baby was kicking lightly. "It makes me happy. It's giving us a sign, that they're healthy and we shouldn't worry too much. You shouldn't worry too much baby."

The girl sighed. "How am I not supposed to worry? You parents are trying to kill our baby and me essentially. I'm scared." Tears started to stream from her eyes. She never showed any of her fear, that it shook Sirius.

"Baby..." He pulled her onto a warm embrace. "We'll be fine. I will protect you. The both of you. You're my family."

"I'm sorry. I pretended things didn't bother me. But truthfully I'm completely terrified. Not just for me and the baby, but for you too." She sobbed on his shoulder. The boy rubbed comforting circles on her back.

"It's okay. I understand how you feel. Next time, tell me everything yeah. You can share you burden with me."

"Hmm."

After an hour of mental breakdown in Sirius' arm, Solis felt slightly better. As if something she had been trying to cover up was now out in the open. These past few months, Sirius Black is like a pillar in her life. Without him, she probably can't do this alone. They both needed each other.

"Siri..."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you. For taking care of me."