Thirty-four

Ahsha

I laid in bed with my eyes closed tight waiting for Ares to leave for work. I felt his shadow fall over me before his fingers brushed over my cheek. "I'll see you later, kitten." He hummed before kissing my forehead. I heard his retreating footsteps before I heard the door close. I opened my eyes looking at the window. I quietly climbed out of bed and over to the door cracking it open. I closed my eyes and listened closely to the voice. "I want you two to watch her. Don't let her out of your sight." Ares said.

"Sir—" "I don't care if she goes to the bathroom you stand in the doorway—with your back to her. She is not to be left alone. I will not lose my mate or child. I want eyes on them whenever I'm not around. Do you understand?" Ares asked. "Yes sir." The two men said. I huffed. "We'll see about that," I mumbled closing the door before walking into the bathroom.

After brushing my teeth and showering I looked at myself in the mirror gently rubbing my belly before I felt soft flutters. "Hey, peanut." I cooed with a smile. There is no way I'm raising my baby with Ares. "Don't worry jellybean, mamas' got you," I said as I slipped my robe on, I turned swinging the bathroom doors open. I looked to see Aaron and Khalil standing by the door.

"Can I help you two with something?" I asked. "Mr. Ahmad asked us to watch you because of your accident," Khalil said. I hummed but stayed quiet as I walked into my closet. I found a pair of jeans and a shirt before throwing on a hat and my crocs. I walked out of the closet grabbing my purse and phone before walking past Aaron and Khalil.

"Where are you going?" Khalil asked. "You two are taking me to see Pablo," I said as I walked down the stair. "Mr. Ahmad told us to report every time you leave the house," Aaron said as I turned to look at them. "What?" I asked. "His orders," Aaron said. I pulled my phone out calling Ares. He picked up on the second ring. "What happened? Are you okay? Is it the baby?" He shot off. "Why are you tracking me?" I asked interrupting him. "I'm not tracking you." He said.

"Yes, you are. You want to know my every move. I'm not allowed alone in my own house." I snapped. "Ahsha you tried to kill yourself. Kill our son—" He paused sighing heavily. "You can either let Aaron and Khalil do their job or we go back to you spending the day with me." He said. I swallowed the rage that consumed my body.

"Whatever," I said before hanging up. I looked up at my babysitters seeing them watching me. "Where would you like to go Mrs. Saleem?" Khalil asked. I couldn't go see my brother. Malik or rather Ares had given him a job that kept him busy most days. I looked down at my phone again scrolling until I came to Kat's number. I sent her a quick text.

Me: Are you in the city

Kat: Yes! Do you want to meet up???

Me: God yes!!

I looked up at Khalil and Aaron before holding my phone up to show them the address. They nodded their heads before I turned heading to the car.

--

We pulled up to the address that Kat sent. I climbed out of the car heading into the building. I looked around at all the expensive stores seeing it was a home décor store. I stood at the entrance for a moment scanning the floor before a worker came up to me. "Oh, my goodness. You're Mr. Ahmad's mate." She said.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. "It's Ahsha." I corrected her. "Of course, I'm sorry." She quickly said. "Had we known you were coming in we would have closed the store." She said. I shook my head. "That's not necessary," I told her. she looked at me confused before glancing at Aaron and Khalil.

"Umm—" She paused. "Ahsha, Malik enacted that whatever store you plan to attend has to shut down so you can shop privately," Khalil said. I turned and looked at him. "What?" I questioned. "He made the rule after the—incident," Aaron said. I closed my eyes. He was slowly cutting me off from the outside world. I thought.