18. His beloved..

💙 21st of November 2020💙

Muradh was rushing through dense trees and thickets, stumbling on roots and boulders in the pitch darkness with slivers of the moonlight guiding him through,hardly knowing where he was going..

His face sported bruises here and there, courtesy of the brambles and his denim jacket was ripped at places.. his arm bloody and bruised..

He came to a halt  when a flash of blinding light illuminated a road adjacent to the dark forest. He jumped over the hedge rows bordering the highway and stumbled on to the road rolling over.. his legs felt like jelly, with utmost difficulty he crawled over to the railing separating the pair of roads laid along.. hugging the huge lamp post, breathing heavily , Muradh  slid against it, clutching a stitch in his side..

Muradh looked around, he had no idea where he was neither did he know how he come to be in this ghostly place.

Panting, he got to his feet when a sudden flash of lightning struck, illuminating a silhouette, a good 100m away from him..
Clutching the railing for support, he stood up, his right arm scraped by a rather sharp branch, throbbing painfully and blood streaking steadily down his arms..

Removing his jacket, he ripped away a piece from the sleeve and tied it around his bleeding arm hoping to slow the flow of blood..

Looking down he saw that he was clad in a snow white tee,now smeared at places  with his own blood and a pair of beige cargo pants..something about the familiarity of the suit hit him hard before it was overcome by the agony of white hot pain flaring in his knees..

Unable to stand his weight, his legs have given up, sending him hard down on his knees on to the hard gravel road.

Sweating profusely, his breath coming now in shallow pants he got up  hobbling along the road clutching on the railing for support,  he saw that the silhouette against the pitch darkness havent moved a bit.. with a jolt he realized it was a girl or a woman, standing rooted on the spot.

Stumbling forward, with his arm numbed in pain, Muradh started gaining altitude on the familiarity of the figure..

Something about the curly luscious locks falling on the girl's face and shoulders, stirred something deep in him..

Walking towards her, he stumbled on his legs again, falling down on his feet, the fall attracted her to the limping figure on the ground.. she lifted her head to look at him while a gust of wind blew her locks away from her face..

Muradh's breath hitched on his throat on looking at the beloved face, he thought he wouldn't look at again for eternity.. unable to take his eyes off her, Muradh half walked and crawled over to her.. looking at him, she gave his favourite dazzling smile..

Crouching  a few feet away her, Muradh stood rooted on his place, drinking in her features, refusing to blink, lest she should vanish..

Her dusky complexion had a pale tinge to it.. her eyes emitting some sort of angelic radiance, her black locks which he had the opportunity to see only once before -on that fateful day-was dancing with the wind.. she wore a plain black kurthi and Jeans with a white shawl wrapped around her neck.. she had lost so much of weight.. yet her aura radiated a kind of power of being well looked after..

"How are you?" She whispered onto the night..  her voice, once which was Muradh's favourite now had an echo to it..  resonating in his veins..