ɴɪɴᴇ | ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

"𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐰𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚."

Lyrica and Miles are sitting on Silena's couch, both of them as still as statues. Their host kneels on the floor in an attempt to connect her laptop to the TV, frequently complaining about it in the process. Mena feels a bit like one of those adults in charge of kid birthday parties at the mall. Still, she isn't going to give up on them, no matter how socially awkward they're being.

"Really?" she muses. "Because usually I'd love for you to admit that something you came up with is awful, but this idea I actually like."

Silena, predictably, rolls her eyes. Her golden hair is collected into a bun on top of her head, her sleeves rolled up. She looks like she's trying to fix a car engine, rather than just attach an HDMI cable.

"Of course you would. My idea of awful is your idea of... I don't know. Exciting. "

She pitches her voice up at the last word, in what is clearly supposed to be an imitation of Mena.

"First of all," Mena says, raising her pointer finger and not at all appreciative of Silena's impersonation skills. "I don't sound like that." she raises a second finger. "Second of all, stop being such a sourpuss."

Silena makes a face as though she just smelt something foul.

"Only if you literally never say that word again."

"I can't promise that."

Finally connecting the laptop, Silena sighs in retaliation. Win some, lose some.

"Fine. But I still want you to know that I think that it's awful."

"How could I forget? You only bring it up every two minutes."

Both Miles and Lyrica silently look between the two of them, as though they're watching a tennis match.

"You guys do know that we're sitting right here?" He asks.

Silena raises her head, as though she's genuinely only just noticing.

"Sure. Hey, you," she nods in Lyrica's direction, and the girl in question immediately leaps up from the couch. Silena raises an eyebrow at her eagerness, but doesn't say anything about it. She's probably used to having that effect on people. "Dad got too enthusiastic and made some cookies. Can you fetch them from the kitchen?"

Lyrica heads off towards the kitchen after a quick nod, while Silena switches her focus back to the screen before her. She groans.

"Mena, did you change our Netflix icons?"

Mena's mind, however, is otherwise preoccupied. She crosses her arms over her chest with a frown.

"You don't know her name, do you?"

Silena doesn't even look up.

"Sure I do. The icons?"

Mena huffs.

"I was just making myself at home. Keeks likes them."

Silena does look up at this- very slowly, and only slightly horrified.

"You did not just call my dad Keeks."

Mena shrugs her shoulders, grinning. Obviously, she only said that to rile up Silena, but the other girl doesn't necessarily need to know that. Getting her to lose her cool, even a little bit, is a challenge that Mena immensely enjoys. Plus, whenever she succeeds at doing so, Silena's cheeks get slightly rosy. Not to mention she does this really adorable thing with her face, scrunching her nose up like a little bunny.