𝟓𝟏 - 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞

I stalked down the prison halls, tracing my fingers along the cell bars as howls and whines and growls came from the decaying convicts inside.

Obi-wan came into view, standing outside a certain Darth Vader's cell, arms crossed, stroking his beard with a concerned frown.

I sped up to reach him but at that same moment, another voice slammed into my ear-drums, coming from the next cell.

"(y/n)?"

Zac.

He had been released of his chains and cuffs but still looked to be withering away inside his new living quarters.

He shuffled up into the light, his bony hands curling round his cell bars.

"What do you want?" I seethed.

I really wasn't in the mood for any of his agonising jokes or comments, I never wanted to have to think about him again, let alone see him.

"Care to explain why Mr loverboy of yours is locked up in the cell next to me and screaming out about how much he hates you each night? it's very annoying by the way, I can't get any of my beauty sleep"

THIS GUY. WOULD HE NEVER SHUT UP.

"Hmm let me think about that, no, I don't care to explain. Bye now"

"(y/n)!" he reached through the bars and snatched my wrist, pulling at my arm.

"Get off me Zac" I hissed through my teeth.

"Tell me"

I groaned loudly and reluctantly responded as it was clear he wasn't going to shut up about it.

"HE TURNED TO THE KRIFFING DARK SIDE OKAY? PALPATINE DIDN'T FILL YOU IN ON THAT LITTLE BIT OF HIS PLAN?" more emotions poured out of than I was planning as I jerked my arm from his grip.

He slumped back into the darkness like a fox back into its burrow and with a quiet voice of shock replied "oh" and that was the last I heard of him.

Obi-Wan approached and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder as he brought me back from the haze of anger.

"Come on" he brought me over to the next cell and turned me round to face away from the man inside.

"Okay (y/n), you need to promise me you're okay speaking to him? I've been trying to get through to any sign of Anakin all morning but this person is vile, the things he may say to you won't be pleasant but just remember, that isn't the man you married okay?"

"yes Obi-Wan, believe me I know. I'll be fine, trust me. Every conversation is a step closer to Anakin, I'll let Darth Vader insult me all day if that's what it takes" I replied, offering him a hopeful smile.

"Alright. Well them, good luck, I'll be in my quarters if you need me"

I nodded and watched him walk away before turning to the cell before me.

I cautiously stepped forward and clicked in the security code for the laser gate as it hummed open, I stepped in.

"Well, well, well" a voice croaked from the gloom.

Footsteps and the dragging of chains sounded from the corner of the room as Darth Vader stepped out into the dim light (GIF above)

Both of his wrists were clamped in binders with chains that connected to the far wall, giving him a few metres walking space in his confined chamber.

I had requested the council be as nice as possible regarding his imprisonment but they insisted he was too dangerous to go lightly on, so this was the best they could do.