- 𝟑𝟎

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     "NO ONE goes near this guy." rick instructed. rosaline, however, had other plans. she hated seeing other people suffer when they had done nothing. rick and that boy had said that he had just been abandoned by his own people, there was no reason to add onto his losses. he couldn't use his leg much already.

     "rick, what are you gonna do?" lori questioned, curious at what the plan was. were they just gonna get rid of this kid somehow? or were they gonna take him in?

     "we have no choice. he's a threat." rick told her, "we have to eliminate the threat."

     "he's a child." rosaline piped up. everyone's attention raised to her, "you're just gonna go out there and execute him? are we living in the eighteen hundreds?"

     "rosaline is right. we're just gonna kill him? like that?" dale asked in disbelief.

     "it's settled. i'll do it today." the former sheriff decided, regardless of their opinions.

     rosaline immediately looked to lori in shock while dale raced after rick, "you're just gonna let him do that?"

     "it's his call, rose. i'm not sure what we can do." the woman shook her head, conflicted.

     daryl watched their exchange, unsure of what to say. he wanted to say something, but it wasn't like he disagreed with rick. that was actually the first thing he wanted to do - get rid of randall. to protect the group. to protect her.

     rosaline sighed, "okay." she muttered. the girl knew there was no use to go to lori about it, she wasn't the one making decisions for rick. he was the leader of the group.

     "rhaegar." rosaline called out. the clicking of claws against wooden floorboards sounded from the house and the dog raced out the door after pushing it open, desperate to follow after her, "come on. walkies."

     taking a walk was the best thing she could do at that moment. rosaline couldn't seem to process the fact that rick was just willing to kill someone that easily. it wasn't natural for him - he was someone that fought for justice. now he was going with shane's way. the brutal one, where he kills anything that would stand in his path.

     the girl kicked a stray rock, causing the german shepherd in front of her to bark excitedly and chase after it, snapping his jaws in attempts to catch the rock. a smile crept its way onto her face before she sat down in the fields, the grass shielding her from everyone else.

     rhaegar took that as a cue to lay down in front of her, rolling around.

     she chuckled, "hey at least you're trying to keep the good mood up." rosaline stroked his back,  observing as the clouds rolled across the sky. some were gray and black. thunder rumbled in the distance. there was going to be a storm.