78

Faline shoots up with a gasp and grabs onto the sides of the tub. Deaton, Lydia and Isaac were there but Ethan was gone.

"I saw it. I know where it is" Scott says.

"I remember" Faline coughs.

"We passed it," Stiles says. "There was this stump. This huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still big, though. Very big"

"It was the night we were looking for the body," Scott says.

"I didn't see that," Faline says.

"That's because you had a different stronger connection with the nemeton," Deaton says.

"I was there too, in the car with my mother," Allison says. "We almost hit someone"

"It was me, you almost hit me," Scott says.

"At least we know her mother tried to kill you from the start," Faline says.

"We can find it," Scott says.

"What?" Faline asks.

"You guys were out a long time," Isaac says.

"How long is a long time?" Stiles asks.

"Sixteen hours," Deaton says.

"We were in the water for sixteen hours?" Scott asks.

"No wonder I look like an old lady," Faline says.

"The full moon rises in less than four," Deaton says.

"We need the Alphas"

"No dude, you are not going back to them," Stiles says.

"I made a deal with Deucalion," Scott says.

"Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?" Stiles asks.

"Why does it matter anyway?" Isaac asks.

"Because I still don't think we can beat Jennifer without their help," Scott says.

"He trusts you more than anyone," Allison says to Deaton. "Tell him he's wrong"

"I'm not so sure he is," Deaton says. "Circumstances like this sometimes require that you align yourself with people you'd normally consider enemies"

"So we're gonna trust him, the guy that calls himself 'death, destroyer of worlds'?" Isaac asks. "We're gonna trust that guy?"

"I wouldn't trust him, no" Deaton says. "But you could use him to your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy but he could also be the bait"

Deaton walks out after the bell rings to reveal Ethan again.

"I need Lydia's help," Ethan says.

"What do you want?" Lydia asks.

"I need your help" Ethan repeats.

"With what?" Stiles asks.

"Stopping my brother and Kali from killing Derek," Ethan says.

Faline walks towards her car but feels a presence behind her.

"Miss Blake," Faline says. "Come to lecture me on Shakespearean soliloquies?"

"Not exactly," Miss Blake says. "You see I know that you are the only one in your group that trusts the twins and everyone listens to you. So if you trust the twins eventually the rest will follow. I can't have that"

Faline grunts when something hard collides with her head.

Faline's eyes flutter open and she finds herself tied to a wooden post and around her are her father, Melissa, Chris and Mr Stilinski.

"How are you feeling?" Melissa asks as Faline looks at her father who was unconscious and beaten.

"Like my psycho teacher hit me across the head and knocked me out," Faline says.

"Anyone else feeling an unbearable itch they can't scratch?" Melissa asks.

"Well not before you said something but now, yes, I do" Mr Stilinski chuckles,

"Is she actually going to come down here and slash all of our throats?" Melissa asks.

"Nah," Mr Stilinski says. "She'll come down and strangle us with a garotte and then slash our throats"

"I'm reserved for her niece," Faline says.

All conversations halt as the roof begins to creak above them.

"It's just the wind," Chris says.

The creaking gets more violent as the wind whooshes.

Faline doesn't know how much time has passed until the doors open and Allison and Isaac walk into the cellar. Isaac unties Faline who moves to untie her dad. But the ceiling begins to crumble which causes Isaac to reach up and stop the falling ceiling. Faline joins Isaac and Mr Stilinski as they strain to keep the roof up and everyone joins in but the pressure is stopped by Stiles shoving an aluminium bat underneath.

All of the occupants climb out from under the tree root, Nicholas is the last to climb up and begins to climb but the mud begins to crumble. The mud falls and Nicholas lets out a shout of shock, the weight of the mud crushing him instantly. The last thing Faline hears is a pained grunt as the aluminium bat gives way, then there's silence.

"DAD! LET ME GO! LET ME-" Faline screams and Sheriff Stilinski and Chris hold her back from putting herself in any danger.

Faline fights with the two men who keep her away from the tree. The other teenagers look away, feeling guilty as their parents had been saved but Faline was now an orphan. They all allow tears to fall, hearing their friend in pain.

As much as she tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from her throat in the form of a scream

As much as she tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from her throat in the form of a scream. The scream was pain put into the air. The beads of water started falling one after another, without a sign of stopping. The loud sobs wracked against her chest. The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was gone. The last painful emotion slammed against her before she lost the feeling of feeling.

Faline lost the colour from her face. It was as if her heart had suddenly stopped beating and all the blood had run down into her trainers. She swayed for just a moment before Chris caught her and lowered her to the ground. Everything darkened into nothingness as she passed into the oblivion of unconsciousness.

"That poor girl," Melissa says.

"She's all alone now," Isaac says.

"She'll never be alone," Stiles says. "Not as long as we're around"

 "Not as long as we're around"