15

"what do you mean she's back?" jeno exclaimed as chenle told him the events from earlier.

"what the hell does she want from me.." he muttered and looked at the note that chenle passed to him. all it contained was her confessing her feelings and a phone number right next to it. i don't think you'd dare reject me jeno was the last sentence.

jeno scoffed as he read the thing over and over again. "this isn't high school and she's over here sending letters? tsk."

jeno crumpled up the paper and threw it at a nearby desk, missing the trash can. jisung knocked on the door and entered, holding a sleepy sunhi.

seeing his daughter immediately lifted his mood and he stood up to go carry the sleeping baby.

"you're amazing." jeno cooed at the baby who understood nothing but laid her head on his chest, making herself fall asleep.

"thanks guys. i think kyungmi should be back soon. you guys can go." jeno said. the two bid goodbye and headed towards the front door, revealing an exhausted kyungmi.

"you're home just in time! here take sunhi, i'll make dinner." jeno said as he handed her the sleeping baby.

kyungmi smiled immediately and the two younger boys left the home, both fanboying over the soulmates.

kyungmi was still getting adjusted to being both a mom and a soulmate. she couldn't lie, she certainly did feel the slightest thing for jeno but she was scared. she was scared of loving someone again.

she looked at the sleeping baby and admired her facial features, then getting the courage to look at her wrist.

she stared at the birthmark and compared it to her tattoo. both were clearly identical in every way except color. kyungmi gave sunhi a small kiss on her head, then laying her down to rest.

jeno watched as the girl handed the baby with so much care and smiled. he knew he felt something for the girl and he was ready to be with her, yet she was not and he did not want to rush her.

he watched kyungmi lay many soft kisses on sunhi's head, admiring the baby. he was feeling himself wish to be in that baby's position. he laughed at his own thoughts and continued cooking for the two, being happy with his current state in life.

"smells good." kyungmi said as she sat at the kitchen island.

"i'm a great chef." jeno praised himself, making the girl chuckle.

"i'll be the judge of that mister." she said as jeno handed her a plate of the food, then sitting down next to her.

kyungmi took her first bite and her eyes widened, shocked by how savory it was. she applauded whilst chewing, making jeno chuckle slightly.

"great chef indeed, lee jeno."

"glad you like it, lee kyungmi."

the two ate in a comfortable silence, enjoying every bite of the food. once they finished, they both got themselves ready for bed. kyungmi took a nice shower as jeno laid sunhi on his bed.

kyungmi came out wearing jeno's shirt and smiled, giving him a thumbs up. jeno returned the smile and motioned for her to get in bed with him and the baby to which she gladly did.

"goodnight, jeno."

jeno placed a gentle kiss on sunhi's head, then kissed kyungmi's head afterwards, making her face immediately heat up and heart start racing.

"goodnight kyungmi."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"finally we're getting some action here!" the same man said as he clapped his hands together.

"kyungmi, you better fall in love with jeno soon. i want to meet you two already."

——————
hi!! please check out my new nana fanfic that came out. i'll be updating it at the same time as this story 🥺