Chapter 22

The first week back in London had passed by fast. Work had been kicking my butt the past week, but I was happy being back. I had spent it on Radio 2, helping one of their producers. It was a lot to catch up on, and with my last projects it seemed like the other presenters and producers now trusted me enough to take on even bigger work duties. The workload was kicking my butt, but I was kicking ass at work- and loving it.

With a satisfied sigh I closed my laptop, hanging my jeanjacket over my arm and turning to the producer I had worked with, thanking him for this week. He waved and wished me a great weekend. I didn't have much planned, except a Sunday dinner at my mum's with the rest of the family and Sarah had texted me, asking if I wanted to meet up for a pint on Saturday.

Being all up in my head, going through my plans I opened the door out to the reception for Radio 2 and headed for the lifts. While waiting for it I chatted with our lovely receptionist, making small talks about what we both were doing this weekend. When the lift made the sound of arriving at my level I said my goodbye, getting ready to step inside. To my surprise the iconic high quaff and always smiley face stood right in front of me.

"Oh Sugar! I was coming to get you, can I borrow you for a sec?" Grimmy stepped out, blocking me and causing the lift to leave me behind.

"I was just leaving." I held up my jacket in his face and chuckled, trying to show what was already pretty obvious.

"Well good that I caught you last minute then." He placed an arm around my shoulders and spun us around to head back the way I came.

As I passed the receptionist I rolled my eyes at her, referring to the lovely Mr. Grimmy to my right. She snorted out a laughter, trying to contain it so he didn't notice.

We stepped into a meeting room at Radio 2. He was on enemy territory, but not really. The majority of our co-workers had already left so they wouldn't even notice.

It was just now that I realised he had his laptop with him, which meant that this was a proper meeting, more or less. Butterflies filled me at the realisation, making me adjust myself on the chair and sit straighter. He was silent as he sat opposite me, looking at his screen. The nothingness filling the room didn't really make the butterflies disappear. I took a deep breath, trying to cool myself down a bit and ease the nerves. Being unprepared always made me be this mess, and somehow unprepared meetings was a recurring theme working with Grimmy.

The TV screen lit up next to us as Grimmy just connected his laptop and presentation to it. A red colour filled the screen, and the words "Harry Styles at the BBC" written in caps lock, taking up a big portion of it. For a few seconds I looked at it, trying to process it before I turned to Nick with confusion written all over my face. His face on the other hand was the total opposite.

"What is this?" I asked for him to explain. In my head this was maybe a recap of our work or something.

"Okay, so before I begin- I know you work with radio." He tread lightly into the subject, which only made my confusion grow.

"But I want you onboard on this, and I know Harry and his team do too." Grimmy tried sweet talking me. Not that I didn't know he meant it, but he was easing me into it.

"Okay... So what is it?" I attempted to ask again with a light and nervous chuckle.

"It is an exclusive show with Harry, and me as a presenter. There's going to be a crowd, it will be recorded and broadcast, he's going to perform some of his songs and I'm going to interview him." He summarized enthusiastically for me, that always smiley face being even more smiley. Even if Grimmy summarized it for me, it was still too much for me to process. Especially topping this long work week off with this information.