1

"Harley, what in sam hill are you doing in there that's takin' so damn long?!" Kinsley shouts, banging on the bathroom door. Harley sighs and puts down his comb.

"Shut ya trap, Kins! Go use your own bathroom!" he calls back, banging against his side of the door once. Moving into the dorms a week ago had been an experience for Harley and the others. A new program had taken about thirty kids from southern states up to New York, where there were more STEM opportunities. Namely, Midtown Tech. The plan was to start small and work up to more kids if the program was successful. Though, Harley was a bit skeptical on how they were judging "success".

Kinsley sighs in response to Harley's question. "Ella-Mae is takin' centuries to do her hair. She's got a bob for Christ's sake, what's takin' her so long! I swear on my mama, you better not be doing your hair in there, Harley!"

Harley rolls his eyes and adjusts the collar of his leather jacket as he opens the door. "Didn't your ma ever teach you manners, Kins?" he teases. Kinsley gives him a nasty look, pushing past him to get into the bathroom. "Well, hello t' you too."

Harley leaves Kinsley to her private business and joins Creed in the dorm kitchen. "Heya, Harley. Nice outfit, you tryna scare everyone away?" Creed grins, looking down at Harley's grease stained jeans, AC/DC shirt, beat up work boots, and leather jacket.

Harley flips him off in response. Up until a week ago, he didn't know a damn thing about these kids. But circumstance had shoved them all together and they'd all bonded quickly. "And what if I am? Need help?"

Creed looks at the packed lunches - one for him, one for Ella-Mae, and one for Austin - and shakes his head. "Nah, I'm all set. Thank ya though."

Harley grunts his answer and looks around for his watch. Eventually, he finds it stuffed in the pocket of one of his jackets that hung on one of the pegs by the door. Running his fingers lightly over the faded SI label on the side of the watch, one of the things Tony Stark had left him before he left.

The two had kept in touch throughout the years, but Harley had yet to tell the billionaire that he was in New York. He didn't know why exactly, but everytime he had picked up his phone to call - or even text - he had ended up staring at the phone for an hour before putting it back down and walking away. What he was waiting for, Harley had no idea. To see him in person? For Tony to somehow know through osmosis that Harley was in New York? Nobody knows, least of all Harley. Ella-Mae, someone who Harley had known longer than the others, had poked fun at him for a while before letting it be.

"Ella, get a move on! We gotta go now if we wanna make it by first bell!" Kinsley shouts as she barrels into the common area, never one to keep her thoughts to herself. Harley snickers and shoves a spare folder into his backpack before tossing it over his shoulder, lingering near the door as he waited for the others.

Austin was the last person to join them, skidding around the corner and nearly eating plywood as he shoved his feet into his shoes. "Sorry!" he shouts as he flings open the door. Kinsley and Harley laughed outright, cackles echoing down the fairly empty hallway.

"So," Creed starts off with a teasing lilt. "How many of y'all plan on gettin' yankee partners?"

"If ya can't square dance in my circle, you ain't got no business kissin' anywhere but my ass," Ella-Mae replies simply. Harley snorts.

"You can't square dance," he points out. Ella-Mae shrugs, evidently not caring. Austin seemed deep in thought. "Careful, man, don't hurt yourself."

Austin glares at him as they turn onto the sidewalk, meer feet from Midtown. "Shut ya trap. I was just thinkin'. I wouldn't mind a girlfriend, obviously, but I'm gonna be more focused on my work, ya know?"