CHAPTER 20:I SAID NO!!

VANESSA

Ugh,I should have known!!

That man is crazy-I should have known that he would do this. Why?
Because he's jealous-because he thinks it will make him look a certain way if I was hanging on another man's shoulders. He's worried about looking WEAK maybe!!

Jeremy doesn't know that Alex is gay. I've tried to tell him but he wouldn't even give me that chance. But still,I should be able to have male friends in my life whether they're Gay or Not!!

"I am sorry for my Sons actions,if that means anything to you."Tom handed me a damp cloth and gave Alex a pitiful smile."I don't know what has gotten into him."

"Jealously! It's obvious that he's just threatened by my relationship with Vanessa"Alex looked at me as I dabbed the cut above his eye."Didn't you tell him that I was Gay?"

I shrugged my shoulders as an answer to his question. How could I really explain the fact that Jeremy and I don't make conversation in front of them both,without Tom knowing that I told Alex everything."The subject never really came up."

Tom released a sigh."My son has gotten his wires crossed and has acted inappropriately. I'll have a talk with him."He turned around and walked towards the kitchen,where I'm sure Jeremy is still held up in a rage. He's probably already drunk.

I dabbed the swollen area above Alex's eye."I'm so sorry,Alex."

"You have nothing to be sorry for,It's that husband of yours that should be sorry."Alex took the cloth from my hand and rested back on the plush white sofa."Clearly he's not a big fan of me-The feeling is mutual now."

"He warned me not to invite you,if I didn't then this would have been avoided."I rested back on the chair beside him,folding my arms across my chest."I'm so angry with myself-and him."

"He doesn't get to choose who's in your life,Lovely. It's not as if this is actually a real marriage."Alex whispered,so the people chatting around us didn't hear."Even if it was, it wouldn't be one that's stable when he's acting the way he is."

Fuck! Alex really hates Jeremy now, which I can't blame him for after what he did. I just want a simple life-but what I have is far from it.

Natasha walked towards us,in her Gold coloured dress that was restricting movements around her legs. I did warn her that wearing that tight fitted dress would be hardship,Natasha looked very uncomfortable now that she's spent a couple of hours in it."Okay,Our Taxi is waiting outside to take us back home.
Are you ready,Alex?"

"Yeah,Let's go!"He stood from the chair and Natasha walked on ahead.Alex handed me the damp cloth and looked at me."The sooner this Arrangement is over the better!"He turned around and walked through the crowd.

I stood amongst people I didn't know, holding a blood stained cloth in my hands. No matter what Alex said,he was angry. I could feel the anger that he was holding back. He's upset with me-Upset over what happened.

How am I going to make this right?

"Hey,Ness!"My brother walked my way, totally casually as can be."Jeremy looks fucking pissed in the kitchen,Did someone drink his precious Macallan?" Finley chuckled.

"Something like that."I tried to hide how upset I was,and like always I was trying to shield my brother from my problems. Him hating Jeremy is just going to make things harder for me."I'm going to go home,Finley."