Chapter 1 - Stage Owens and Cards McKay (Canon Era)

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 1 - Meet the Girls -
No Warnings
Third Person POV

Cards hears the sound of someone jumping and running. It was like a mix. Someone was skipping.

Cards smiles to herself, she knew who that was. There's only one person who skips around her and she had memorized their footsteps.

"Morning Stage" Cards greets, turning around to see her best friend, who grins.

"Good morning Cards!" Stage exclaims, waving. Cards smiles to herself, this girl has so much energy. I don't know how she does it.

"So uh, you weren't on the rooftop this morning when I woke up. Where were you?" Cards questions. Stage was an early riser, she usually got up before Cards, but she never usually went anywhere without Cards/without telling Cards.

"Went to visit my Manhattan friends!" Stage exclaims. "And yes, before you ask, I told them you said 'hi'."

"Please tell me-" Cards starts, but Stage cuts her off.

"Yes. Race and Albert walked me back to the border before I left" Stage answers. Cards sighs in relief.

"Good, wouldn't want you to get thrown in the Refuge again" Cards states. Stage shivers at the thought.

She had been to the Refuge once. She was there for six months, before she got out, and met Cards.

Stage was a shorter girl. She was very pale, but her cheeks were usually rosy. She had brown hair, flowing down her back. It was usually pigtails. She also had blue eyes, and lots of freckles.

Stage usually wore a blue, green, yellow, and black button down, with an undershirt and a binder on under it. She had black pants, a black vest, black boots, and a black Newsie hat.

"Wait-" Cards starts, noticing something. "Where are your glasses?"

Stage cheekily smiles at Cards.
"Upstairs?" Cards sighs. "They're gonna break if I wear them, plus, I can see just fine."

"'Cards! I have a headache!'" Cards responds, making her voice more high-pitched, like Stage's was.

"Fine, I'll go get them" Stage mumbles. Cards smiles.

"Got them Stage!" Brady, one of the younger Newsies that they lead, exclaims, running over to Stage with her glasses in his hands.

"Thanks Brady!" Stage exclaims, taking her glasses, and putting them on. Brady nods, before running off.

Cards chuckles to herself as Stage tries to clean her glasses.

Cards was about average height. She was barely taller than Spot. She has hazel eyes, skin that was tan from time to time, a couple of freckles, and light brown hair.

Cards usually wore a Gary shirt, that usually had dirt and dust on it, gray pants, blue socks that had holes, a white over coat, and shoes that Stage had got her, because she used to not have shoes.

"Soo, what's our plan tomorrow, since we don't have to sell?" Stage asks Cards. She had finished cleaning her glasses, and realized that tomorrow is Sunday, the only day they don't sell papes.