Chapter 35 - The Potion Master's Office

Oh why hello! You're still here? Daaayum thanks for reading! If you've made it this far into the story, hopefully that means you're enjoying it! Sooo...

Now comes the part where I shamelessly ask you to vote 🙈 No wait don't go! This chapter's over 4000 words! Gimme a few sentences to persuade you to vote 😝

Here's the thing. Voting on a story gives it a higher rank, which means it gets recommended to more people, which means it gets more readers! So pretty please leave a vote on the chapters you like to help other readers find my story 😇

Okay that's enough of me being a greedy goose haha it must be my ambitious Slytherin colours shining through

You guys rock and every one of you out there is awesome and enough just the way you are ❤️

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

*

A millisecond before the student body could break out in whispers, gasps and giggles, Severus' voice cut through the hall like ice.

"Absolutely not."

His refusal almost completely drowned out Asha, who at exactly the same moment stated, perhaps a little too adamantly for a student, "No thank you."

Minerva could tell immediately from the venomous glare Severus was giving her that she would be the one to lose this battle. That man could be as infuriatingly stubborn as a Hinkypunk. She gave him a very wintry look before turning to Asha.

"Sit up straight," she snapped, her patience hanging by a thread. "If I see so much as a prolonged blink, you'll be up here demonstrating... along with Mr Finnigan."

Across the room, Seamus gave a start and abruptly ended his conversation with Dean.

Asha's pounding heart sagged with relief. Thank goodness Severus was just as opposed to the idea of demonstrating dance as she was.

However, McGonagall's threat did its job. With the prospect of public humiliation hanging over her, Asha didn't take her eyes off the professor for the rest of the demonstration.

Luckily she only had to endure fifteen minutes of paying attention before it was time to spread out and partner up. Taking advantage of the chaos, she slipped out the side door of the Hall. It was done so silently and smoothly, no one noticed... except Severus.

She had just rounded the corner from the narrow corridor out into the Entrance Hall when he called languidly, "And where do you suppose you're off to?"

Asha spotted him walking over from the closed doors of the Great Hall. She did a quick scan of surrounding corridors, checking they were alone, before saying evenly, "Somewhere as far away from here as possible, as I'm sure you can understand."

As he approached, Severus also cast his eyes around then softened his expression ever so slightly. He came to a halt in front of Asha.

"If you think I am going to let you escape that easily, you are sorely mistaken," he said, his voice deep and smooth. "Now back you go," he nodded over her shoulder.

Asha stood her ground, folding her arms and casually leaning a shoulder against the stone column beside her. The muffled sound of enchanted string instruments started up from inside the Great Hall.

"Thank you so much the interrogation back there," she said lightly, ignoring his attempt to herd her back down the corridor.

Severus gave a purposeful twitch of the corner of his mouth that was half amused, half snarky. Then his expression returned to its typical dark canvas.