Chapter 2 - Brooklyn

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 2 - Meeting the Brooklynites -
No Warnings
Third Person POV

Cards walks down the Brooklyn dock, Stage following behind her, holding onto Cards' hand.

"Good afternoon boys! I'm back!" Cards exclaims, smirking, as she walks down the dock.

Some of the boys greet her, while others either roll their eyes or laugh.

"Oh great, she's back" Ace states, sarcasm and fake enthusiasm evident in his voice.

"Hi Spades!" Cards greets, the same fake enthusiasm in her voice that had been in his.

"My names Ace, Cards!" Ace exclaims, exasperated. Cards laughs, with a few of the boys around her.

"Afternoon Cards, who's this?" Red asks her, motioning to Stage, who was still behind her, gripping her hand almost as tight as when she saw Snyder last.

"This," Cards starts, pulling Stage beside her. "Is Stage. She's my best friend, and my second. Isn't she so cute and little?" Cards jokingly ruffles Stage's hair.

"Come on Cards, I'm only three months younger than you!" Stage exclaims. Cards and the other boys laugh.

"So little." Cards dramatizes. Stage rolls her eyes. "Stage, this is Smokes, Ace, Red, Cloth, Whistle, Brush, and Club."

The boys each greet her in sync, as she shyly waves back.

"Little Stage here is scared of you big, fierce Brooklynites" Cards explains. Stage couldn't tell if 'big' and 'fierce' was sarcastic or not.

"Cause we are big and fierce" Whistle responds, glaring at Cards, who rolls her eyes.

"You don't have to be scared of us" Smokes assures Stage, who doesn't do anything, except continue to hide behind Cards.

"Especially not Smokes" Spot interjects, coming up behind Cards and Stage, and joining his boys in front of them. Stage jumps back, while Cards smirks, and Smokes rolls his eyes.

"Oh my god, it's the King of Brooklyn" Sweets whispers to Cards, who laughs with the boys.

"Who's this, Cards?" Spot questions, motioning to Stage.

Cards struggles to pull Stage in front of her, after Stage tried to stay behind her.

Once she got Stage in front of her, she hugged her to keep her there, her chin on Stage's head.
"This- this is Stage. She's my best friend and my second."

"And she's adorable!" Smiles exclaims, causing the boys, plus Cards, to chuckle, and Stage to stare at him in awe, a little red.

"Just like you" Ace adds, hugging his boyfriend as he turns red.

"A Brooklyn Newsie just called me adorable" Stage whispers in awe. The boys (plus Cards) chuckle again.

"Speaking of seconds, Ace is my second, Smokes is my third, and Red is my fifth" Spot informs Stage and Cards, mainly Stage.