32: Birthday Girls

I'm on a roll tonight, don't mind me.

JoJo made her way down the hall of the theatre, searching for someone to talk to.

" JoJo!" Josh yanked her into a warm up room. Ben, Sky, Cara, and Natalie stood inside.

" What's going on?" She asked.

" Well, it's Penny's birthday next week, and Bexley's birthday is a few days after." Josh started.

" So we're throwing Penny a surprise party anddoing something more lowkey for Bexley." Ben finished.

" I thought Bexley hated her birthday." JoJo knit her eyebrows.

" She hates her birthday because her mother used to make her miserable on it. It became my personal mission to get her to like her birthday again." Josh smiled.

" She knows about this?" JoJo asked.

" Oh yeah, she's known for years." Josh nodded.

" So, what's the plan?"

oOOo

" Did Josh tell you about Penny's surprise birthday party?" Bexley asked as her and JoJo made their way to the stage.

" Yes, Ben and I are in charge of getting the cake." JoJo nodded.

" Yup." Bexley nodded.

" So, whatcha getting her?" JoJo asked.

" I'm not sure yet." Bexley sighed.

" You got time." JoJo shrugged. Bexley threw her a look.

" Like a week, but ya know." JoJo laughed.

oOOo

" SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted. Penny jumped about 10 feet in the air before she registered what happened.

" Is this for me?" Penny looked up at her parents.

" Of course, it's your birthday party." Bexley nodded.

" Thank you!" She gave them each a hug before going to see what was happening.

" I want at least four more." Bexley stated, watching Penny go. Josh momentarily stopped breathing while Sky, who was in the vicinity, was on the ground laughing.

oOOo

After a few hours of party games, they all settled down for some cake and presents.

" Happy birthday, Penny." Jane held out a small gift bag.

" Thank you!" Penny beamed before she even opened it. She carefully pulled out the tissue paper, peering into the bag.

" I love it!" She pulled out a stuffed elephant, hugging it tightly.

" Double thank yous!" Penny exclaimed.

" You're welcome." Jane smiled. Katrina got her some hair clips and scarves. Peter, who had grown the soft spot for the small girl, got her a little sweatshirt from his first Broadway show.

" Happy birthday, Penny." JoJo held out the gift from her and Ben. Penny opened the gift so carefully they could've reused the wrapping paper.

" Paint brushes?" Penny carefully turned to package over in her hands.

" There's more in the box." Ben chuckled.

" Paint, and canvases." Her face broke into a grin.

" Thank you." She whispered,carefully setting the art supplies aside to give them hugs.

" Happy birthday, kid." Sky handed her a package that was clearly wrapped by him.