Chapter 27 - Impatient

Semi-edited

Liam paces up and down the conference room stressed out, before turning around and glaring at the two of us

"You two signed a contract," is all he says.

"I remember," Chris says sternly glaring back at him.

Liam lets out a fake laugh and crosses his hands against his chest. "Do you remember what it said?"

"Not really I'm a busy guy."

Did he just, damn he has guts.

Talking back to the boss is never a good idea.

I'm tempted to slap Chris at the back of his head and yell shut up, because we both may as well lose our jobs.

"Lola, do you remember?"

Do I say yes, or no?

I don't want to take anyone's side or make anyone think I like one over the other.

Even though I can surely say I like Chris way more than I like Liam.

"I do remember faintly, I've been reading the script for the past few weeks so I kinda forgot what it exactly said," I explain.

Liam let's out a sigh and walks to the head of the long rectangular table, and plops down in it, he scratches the beard that cleanly tames his jaw. "Than tell me what you faintly remember than."

I lied.

I remember everything the contract said.

But somewhere in my idiotic brain is telling me to frick it and not listen.

For me to take the risk and see what happens, but at the end of the day. This is my job, and this is how I put food in my belly and take hot showers.

We both need to calm down, and just wait out and see how this plays.

"Not getting involved with any coworker while shooting on set," I mumble looking down ashamed.

But do you know what I'm questioning myself about?

Why the heck do I feel ashamed if I didn't do anything in the first place.

It's not like Chris and I are in a relationship with one another.

If it wasn't for me being in a relationship with his best friend then he probably would have made more advances.

Shoot...Dante.

What kind of person am I? I totally forgot about Dante for the whole day.

I forgot about my boyfriend, while I was making out with his best friend...

I know I might sound crazy, but maybe I shouldn't be with him...

It's not fair for him to be with me when I have feelings for someone else.