23- Petter Pettigrew

The following day the picture of the Fat Lady was back, her picture was now repaired. She however requested that her picture be guarded so now there were security troll guards by her picture, you all were grateful she was back and that Sir Cadogen was no longer the one letting you in. You all stayed back to see them hang her back up and celebrated her return.

"Great to have you back Miss" Dean said.

"It's great to be back" You all headed to the Great Hall to have breakfast, you and Hermione were studying while eating. Your O.W.Ls were around the corner so you wasted no time and started studying and Hermione who was just as determined to get good grades as you joined in. Fred and George were trying to get you to stop worrying and relax but it was no help.

"George please let me study"

"(y/n) don't worry you'll do fine. Now put the book down and eat"

"George I really need to focus"

"Enough darling, you haven't even touched your food" he grabbed your book.

"GEORGE"

"Nope. Now eat, here open up" He got a piece of toast and placed it on your mouth. "Attagirl"

"Hey George I think she could eat on her own" Harry glared dangerously at the boy who now backed up. Just then an owl came flying down and it landed in front of Neville.

"Oh no" Neville whispered as he grabbed the envelope.

"Look, Neville's got himself a howler" a Slytherin boy yelled. He opened the howler and his grandmother's voice scared the whole table, she was so loud and she expressed her disappointment in Neville. The Slytherin table bursted into laughter and some Gryffindors joined as well, he however ran with the envelope when they started to laugh at him however the envelope could still be heard since he had accidentally released it in entrance hall, her voice was now magically magnified to a hundred times its usual volume. You got up from the table and ran after him once the howler stopped shouting, but you couldn't find him. You were going back to the Great Hall but heard the sound of someone crying coming from a janitor's closet.

"Neville?" you opened the door and found Neville sitting down with his knees into his chest. "Neville, come here" you sat next to him and gave him a hug as he cried into your shoulder, you played with his hair which seemed to calm him down and when he fully did calm down he started to talk.

"I don't know why I was put into Gryffindor (y/n), I'm not worthy of being a Gryffindor. I wanted to be placed in Hufflepuff. I'm not brave, I don't know why the sorting hat put me in Gryffindor"

"Neville. Gryffindors aren't just brave, you know there are many other traits for Gryffindors. The sorting hat put you in Gryffindor for a reason Neville, cause you are worthy of being in Gryffindor. We all make mistakes Neville so don't be hard on yourself. Your grandmother should be proud of the grandson she had cause she had one amazing, sweet, intelligent grandson"

"I don't know about intelligent (y/n). I struggle a lot in Potions"

"And I struggle a lot with Herbology, by the way are you still going to help me with my Herbology homework after class?"

"Of course (y/n)" he replied with a smile.

"Don't let others get to you Neville, you are one heck of a person and anyone who says otherwise is a big prick that you shouldn't even bother listening to. Come on Neville, I'll walk you to Charms"

"But you have Defense against the Dark Arts"

"Don't worry Neville. I'm sure Professor Lupin won't mind now let's go" You walked Neville to class and while walking with him he talked about Herbology which didn't bother you, his face lit up whenever he talked about Herbology which sorta reminded you of George and how his face would also light up whenever he talked the joke shop they dreamed on opening. He was late but after explaining to Professor Flitwick what happened he excused him and even offered to write you a note so Professor Lupin wouldn't get you in trouble. You went to DADA and the door was closed so you opened it and upon opening it the whole turned to face you and Lupin had stopped talking.