- 𝟑𝟑

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     DARYL GUIDED rosaline over to the group, they were discussing the housing situation for the upcoming winter. rosaline was still stuck in a flannel. days were becoming shorter, the temperature was getting lower and nights were longer.

     winter was coming - and it was coming quick.

     she shivered whilst listening in to rick's talk, "gonna be right, fourteen people in one house. plus a dog." rhaegar let out a single bark.

     "don't worry about that. with the swamp hardening, the creek drying up..." he started, eventually coming to the conclusion that it was going to be difficult to maintain the farm.

     "with fifty head of cattle on the property, we might as well be ringing a damn dinner bell." maggie finished for him.

     of course. walkers were going to have easy access through the forest. they were no longer going to get stuck in the hardening mud as they used to during the summer. fences were going to be in need of reinforcing. rosaline knew all of this.

     "we're going to need stronger fences, more people watching..." she noted, shooting maggie a look of recognition.

     "exactly."

     "we should've moved you all in a while ago," hershel pointed out.

     shane looked to rick before the former sheriff spoke, "all right. let's move the vehicles near to each of the doors facing out toward the road. we'll build a lookout in the windmill."

     people started to disperse.

     "another in the barn loft," rick pointed to the building, "that should give us sightlines both sides of the property."

     daryl handed rosaline her bow and quiver of arrows, "come on you'll finally put that to use, maybe." he murmured, "if ya need any help, i got you."

     she dipped her head, "thanks."

     "t-dog you take the perimeter around the house," rick instructed, "keep track of everyone coming and going."

     "what about standing guard?" the dark-skinned man queried.

     he jerked his chin towards daryl who was adjusting the quicker strap on rosa, "i need you and daryl on double duty."

     "gotcha."

     rosaline waited patiently until daryl made the quiver strap on her fit, so that it didn't hang off her back and make her potentially drop any arrows. the marksman had told her that she'd best watch the number of arrows she has, because before she knows if, she'll be running out and carving her own.

     that was another lesson that daryl had to teach her; making her own arrows. it was essential in case she never had access to any of her own. the bow was going to be her best friend from now on, just as equally as her dog was.