[5] STRANGER DANGER

Chapter dedicated to vilalove09.
You guys should check out her book, 14 days😚❤️ Btw, I love you queendoll_adaora. This chapter is for you too❤️❤️

We're almost at 1k😭❤️ Thank you smm❤️ Keep your votes and comments coming, okay?❤️

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚆𝚎'𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚆𝚎'𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍- 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙲𝙰𝙽'𝚃 𝙷𝙸𝙳𝙴 [𝙲𝙺9𝙲]

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚛𝚞𝚗
𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚎
𝚆𝚎'𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚔
𝚆𝚎'𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍
- 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙲𝙰𝙽'𝚃 𝙷𝙸𝙳𝙴 [𝙲𝙺9𝙲]

~

According to the holy book, the devil only comes for three things.

To steal.

To kill.

To destroy.

Without mercy or heed to plea, he plagues everywhere he goes with his curse - anyone he touches. However, he never visits as a red man with pointy horns and a pitch fork. Oh no, never. That would be too sloppy for the master of disguise.

They say he comes as everything you’ve ever wished for, but I say he comes as a simple man. After all, the real monsters thrived on earth.

That night, I thought I’d met the devil, reincarnated into the body of our nightmare. But maybe, I should have known better.

I pulled the decorative iron door open without using the peephole and the soft September breeze brought goosebumps to my skin. My feet reeled back almost immediately and my brows went up in surprise.

It was him!

Without the dreads, I almost couldn’t recognize, but that fairly familiar scar slashed against his jaw line was hard to miss. His long strands of unruly dark hair spoke of hours of attempted taming but from the looks of it, I bet they never bent to his will. Yet he got away with it. Bonus points for the appeal they served as well.

But-

My brows knitted. What in God’s name was he doing on my doorstep? How had he even found my home?

Granted, I didn’t delve into any personal information when we met. Perhaps, that should be rephrased. We barely said any other word and for a fact, he didn’t seem to care enough to ask for my name or phone number like, well, I expected him to. I hated to admit it but I was kind of embarrassed that a boy my age didn’t bother to ask for my digits...

He just helped me order an uber with his app and like perfect strangers, we went our separate ways after that. It was almost like we never met.

Yet there he was, standing on my porch with a banquet of delicate roses in his arm. I might have considered that perhaps they were for me and yes, that was the fairy tale girl in me wishing. But his warm brown eyes only regarded me calmly and get this, not even a flicker of possible recognition laid in them.