~37~

"So heard your working the pretzel stand in the mall. Had to see it for myself" Brighid said as she walked up to Nathan.

"Haha very funny. At least I'm not living at home" Nathan rebutdtaled. Brighid made a sour face as Nathan.

"Whatever"

"Geez rack up dad's credit card or what?" Nathan asked pointing to the bags Brighid was holding.

"Mom told me to buy a few things for her. Plus I needed an outfit for the courts tomorrow and maybe a few new outfits for school" Brighid said. Nate gave her a weak smile.

"Good luck tomorrow, I-" Nathan began getting caught off by his boss.

"Nathan back to work. You know you may be the big star at school but this is work" Nathan's manager said all mean until he turned to see who Nathan was talking to.

"Hi Brighid" he said nicely, almost in a flirtatious way.

"Dude that's my sister" Nathan said all defensive.

Brighid looked at the name tag on his apron. "Hi Gary... Bye Nathan"

Brighid walked away leaving the mall. As she walked outside she saw Jake leaning against the side of his truck.

She smiled before walking over. Brighid threw the bags down on the ground before kissing Jake.

"Woah miss me that much?" Jake asked pulling away.

"Shopping alone was boring" Brighid joked. Jake helped pick up the bags placing them on the ground in the back of the truck. Brighid looked from the passenger seat to the back to see Jenny passed out.

"So you're working the cafe tonight?" Brighid asked as Jake began to pull away.

"Yeah. Karen was nice enough to let me work and bring Jenny"

"I would have watched her tonight if it wasn't for the court case tomorrow. My mom and I are meeting with the lawyer to finalize details tonight"

"I know" Jake said giving Brighid a smile.

Fifteen minutes later and Jake pulled up in front of the cafe parking. Brighid grabbed the baby while Jake grabbed the bags.

The two walked in to be greeted by both Deb and Karen.

"Brighid how much did you buy?" Deb asked shocked grabbing the bags from Jake.

"Too much?" Brighid asked.

"Not enough. Dan won't even notice" Deb joked. Jake rushed into the back to get ready while Brighid stood in the front still holding Jenny.

"I'll see you Sunday" Deb said sliding her jacket on. Brighid rushed behind the counter placing Jenny in the crib before returning to her mother's side.

"You know Karen. I've been home contemplating all the dumb decisions I've made. Passing up your partnership was one of them. Does it still stand?" Deb asked. Karen smiled and shook her head yes.

"Great"

The two walked out with the bags hopping into Deb's car.

"Partnering with Karen? That sounds fun" Brighid said. Deb smiled and shook her head.

"Yeah it does. Something new"

"So, mom. I was thinking. After this custody battle is done. I was wondering if I could share more custody with Jenny. Maybe take her one or two weekends every month?" Brighid asked. Deb turned her head to face her daughter.

"I think that's a great idea. We can turn your dad's old sports room into a nursery" Deb said. Brighid smiled big.

The two walked into the house putting away the close before leaving for the attorney's office.
———
"So nervous for tomorrow?" Deb asked as they walked out.

"Kind of" Brighid answered.

"Well I think will be okay" Deb said hugging her daughter. They got into the car.

"It's only 9 o'clock. Did you want to go to Nathan's for a little?" Deb asked.

"Are you sure?" Brighid asked. She knew her mother had reservations about hanging with Nathan who had divorced her. She didn't mind helping him but she also wanted him to come home.

"Yeah. I think you need a night out" Deb said turning towards the apartment.

Brighid got out and run upstairs knocking on the door.

"Hi it's a little early but-" Haley began.

"Hi is it okay if I come in?" Brighid asked.

"Yes. Thank god. Nathan's not home yet and I've been sitting here with Tim" Haley explained pulling Brighid into the apartment.
———
An hour later and the apartment was filled with people from Tree Hill.

"I didn't invite all these people" Haley whispered to Brighid.

"Just let it go. It's a party. Take it as a compliment" Brighid whispered back. She mingled around talking to people from all different grades when she noticed Brooke with the biggest bitch of them all, Nicki, Jake's ex.

"We'll look who it is" Nicki said.

"I didn't know you came back" Brighid said.

"Jake didn't tell you?" Nicki said making Brighid slightly mad. Jake and Brighid got together after Nicki left Jake unexpectedly. She broke Jake's heart and it took Brighid forever to get him to trust her.

"She's not the problem" Brooke whispered.

"She's my problem now... so how's playing house? Jake realize he needs me again? I'm sure Jenny will love me like her own mom" Nicki said.

"Just shut up Nicki. You're such a bitch. Jake wasn't happy with you"

"Nicki come on" Brooke said.

"No!" Nicki said before pushing Brighid. "She's a boyfriend stealing slut. Who can't keep her legs closed" Nicki said.

"No! Nicki, your just a jealous ex, wannabe skank" Brighid countered.

Nicki slapped Brighid causing the party to focus on the two of them. The two began to pull each other's hair until Lucas grabbed Brighid and someone else grabbed Nicki.

"Get out" Haley yelled to Nicki.

"Everyone who doesn't live her leave" the officers yelled. Everyone began to flood out except for a few people.

"Who owns this place?" The officer asked.

"Me" Nathan said as he walked in.

The officer began to write Nathan a citation and Nathan got sassy which led to him being arrested.

"Woah come on.  You can't do this. Arresting him for a comment" Brighid spoke out.

"You too" the officer announced grabbing Brighid in handcuffs.

"We'll come get you" Lucas announced as the cops to the two to the station.