Part 33. Contraversies and Conclusions

Hi everyone,
Apologies I haven't updated in a while. I have been terribly busy at work and have a few aggressive deadlines to meet. Although, I've managed to write the next update below, I haven't had the time to proof read it. I hope you all ignore my spellings and grammar. It's 5:15 am here! :(
________________________________

Manik and Nandini were having a personal Sunday after a long time. They booked their upcoming trip, ordered lunch, watched a movie in bed and talked about random things for hours and had finally stepped out to go to a nice restaurant for dinner. During this entire time, not once did either of them turn on their phones to avoid any kinds of intrusion from the outside world. Hence, they didn't realise all hell had broken loose on social media. Cabir had finally managed to edit the whole 'behind the scenes' video and uploaded it on FAB5's official account. The video consisted of all FAB5 members introducing themselves and talking about personal life a little for the audience to know them a little. While all their videos were standard introductory videos, Cabir had gone ahead and mentioned that he was gay. He had decided to not stay in the closet anymore and wasn't scared of accepting it in front of the whole world. However, this had not gone well with a lot of people in the country. The moment Cabir put up the video, social media had gone on a huge outrage. It initially started with a lot of comments on the fact that Cabir was gay. Fans were shocked knowing this. But as the video kept reposting and spreading, everyone on social media started spreading hate and abusive comments. All of FAB5's social media channels' comments and direct messages were overflowing with hate comments. But all wasn't lost or bad. There were a whole lot of people who had come out in support of Cabir and FAB5 too. They had, in fact, started fighting amongst themselves. The whole social media was divided with #SupportFAB5 vs #BanFAB5. And all of it was just a whole big mess.

Manik and Nandini stepped out of the restaurant and were walking towards their car when Manik was convincing her to stay over today to which Nandini was denying because they already had a trip planned next week and it would be unfair if she kept asking Chachi to grant her permission repeatedly.

Manik - Please na Nandini. It's just for tonight. Kal subah early morning chali jaana.

Nandini - No Manik, I spent the whole day with you. I have to go home. Upar se, this whole week Sujata was home, I haven't spent any time with Chacha, Chachi and Rishabh. Aur phir next weekend hum jaa rahe hai na?

Manik - Poori duniya mujhse pehle aati hai na tumhare liye?

Nandini - Tumhara yeh fake emotional blackmail nahi chalne waala hai. Don't forget I know you more than you know yourself.

Manik - Tch.. Nandini. Please na.. Mere liye. I haven't slept well in a week because of our stupid fight. Please.

Nandini - Manik. I need to go home. Rishabh had a cold in the morning. Please. Hum next poora weekend saath mein honge. Tum itne cranky kyu ho rahe ho?

Manik - Fine. Jao ghar. Only for Rishabh. And on one more condition.

Nandini - What?

Manik - Let's go have a coffee. Uske baad tumhe ghar drop kar dunga. I swear.

Nandini - Theek hai. Let's go. But let me text chahi and tell her I'll be late. She'll get worried. Waise bhi mera phone subah se band hai.

They both walked into the Starbucks which was around the corner and Nandini found a table to sit on while she waited for her phone to switch on while Manik went to place their order.

Manik - Okay. I'll place the order and come back. Do you want your chocolate macchiato?

Nandini - Haan.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें