21. A Pissed Bellamy

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

After talking to Elliot I had to see what was happening to the grounder. I don't care what he's done, that doesn't mean he deserves this. I climbed up the ladder to the top floor. Once I was up one of Bellamy's bandits stood in my way.

"I'm going to give you three seconds to get the hell out of my way." I snap, "And you don't want to see what happens when I get to three." Clarke came up behind me, guess she had the same curiosity.

"It's okay. Let them through."

As I walk in, I'm instantly taken back by the tall grounder. His arms were both tied pulling them in nearly a straight line. His face was completely covered in blood. I was finally able to see his dark skin tone, but only because his tattooed arms hadn't been cover in blood yet. His shirt was covered in sweat or water from the rain, I couldn't tell but I was sure my first guess was right. He watched us intently with razor sharp eyes, they were dark and mysterious. They were focused on me at the moment. I looked to Bellamy and saw how bloody his knuckles were. I really wish I hadn't seen them.

"Well, if he didn't hate us before, he does now." Clarke snaps.

"Who cares?" He grabs my wrist and pulls me to the side, Clarke follows after us, "How's Finn?"

"Alive." I sigh, stuffing my hands into my pockets, "The other grounders will care," I finally say in an angry tone I've been waiting to use, "It won't be long until they figure out he's gone. Then they'll figure out it was us and, what happens when they come looking for him? Because they will, Bellamy."

"Relax princess." He rolls his eyes, "No one saw us take him. He was chained up in that cave the entire time, and thanks to the storm, we didn't see a soul on the way back."

The drop ship shook again and I lost my balance. Bellamy caught my arms and helped me get back on my feet. He gently brushed the hair out of my face.

"Are you okay?" He asks looking straight into my eyes, and it seemed to be the first time he's actually looked at me since coming back.

I simply nod and pull away from him.

"This still isn't right, even if they didn't see you take him, they will still find out he's missing. And when they do, they will come looking for him." Clarke snaps.

"In case you missed it, his people are already killing us."

He flips through pages in a book he was holding. He stopped at a page where there was a drawing of our camp and 103 tally marks and ten were crossed out. Just like on my tree.

           "Are you kidding me?" I say looking back to Bellamy, "We burry our dead outside the gate, anyone can count how many we've buried!" Before he can retort I keep going, "I have this same chart sketched into a tree, he could've easily seen it."

           "How many more of our people need to die until you realize we're fighting a war?"

           I roll my eyes, Clarke responds this time before I do, which may have been a good thing, "We're not soldiers, Bellamy. Look at him. We can't win."