Four Words

Harry POV

We worked our way downstairs as the music from the VK day ceremony blared from outside. I think I've gotten better control over my anxiety spikes, but just holding Brielle's arm is making me extra jittery and heart fluttery.

Every moment I'm around her and even when I'm not I have all of these thoughts swirling around my head. Ever since I first had the thought to... ya know... propose and such to Brielle I've just felt this new level of treasuring for her. It's odd, kinda didn't think I could love this lassie anymore but here I am.

We got down to the courtyard as the crowd erupted into cheering. Ben and Mal were leading as Brielle wanted them to go first for some reason. We all waved and did our royal things, by the way never in my life did I think I would be smiling and waving to people like a bit of a celebrity, but here I am doing just that as I have now for the past two years. Brielle occasionally reached out and would interact with the crowd as the trumpets blared to our arrival. I spotted Brielle's parents and made sure to make eye contact and smile at them, if I'm going to marry their daughter when I finally get the guts to ask I'd like for them to at least like me.

We got up to the platform at the epicenter of the crowd and all stood up there together, Mal nearly walking off the other end which I thought was funny because Brielle tugged me back before I could make the same mistake. She's always looked after me with such care as I've been learning how to live in Auradon, not just that but to also be a Lord and a celebrity in general. Just another reason to love her, she's extra caring.

Fairy Godmother handed Brielle and Ben microphones and she slipped away from my arm to do her speech, my arm feeling all shivery and cold due to her lack of touch. Ben and Brielle looked to each other right as the crowd piped down,

"Good afternoon Auradon! Happy VK day!"

Ben shouted, the crowd firing off again and Brielle bringing up the mic to her lips,

"Thank you..."

Everyone piped down some at the sound of Brielle specifically talking as she's not the twin to cheer over,

"... thank you all so much for coming out today to celebrate a long-awaited and much-needed occasion, the day we welcome some new students into Auradon Prep as part of our new official program set to take place in the next month or so to constantly give the children of the Isle a chance to choose a better life for themselves. I'm saying it now for the record, it will never take two years to bring over more VKs ever again, in fact, I propose we have more VKs come over every month!"

The crowd cheered some more in excitement, well almost the entire crowd. I glanced over to the merry band of idiots also known as Audrey, Chad, and Audrey's grandmother, all of which I loath entirely. They were shaking their heads and mumbling to each other probably some dirt or something. Whatever, they are the least of my worries right now. I moved my eyes back over to the twins as Ben announced that we would go to pick them up very soon and such,

"It worked out pretty well for the first five"

Ben said as he turned to Mal, Brielle turning to me and giving me a bright smile that could make me faint for sure and a wink,

"Yeah, especially for you two!"

A meek yell called out, I snapped my eyes over to see Chad finishing his bratty little sentence and flashed him a glare and casually swept part of my jacket back to reveal my hook on my belt loop as I maintained eye contact with him, basically telling him to shut it or I was going to hook him.

Audrey looked over to him as he got pale and said something salty or whatever I don't care. I swept my jacket back over my hook and looked back to my darling who had seen the exchange and was containing her laughter, another reason why I love her. She isn't scared of me, at all.