Part 6: Birthday

Hey readers, Let's hope I don't make this a living nightmare for myself.

<Izuku's POV>

1 Month after All Might's death

When the world learnt about dad's death, the entire country went silent. Either to give respect to the symbol of peace, or begin planning to get a slice of the world villainous or otherwise. Crime rates rapidly rise, and yet no crimes were committed during his public homage. With one other shock that was released to the word, he had a family and kids that he kept secret. Finding out by waiting outside the private funeral for him, Endeavor showing his respect by shooing them away but also not wearing his flame beard. During that day it poured, and yet the sun was still shining down. The media states that "The universe cries for the lost of a beloved hero who gave not inspire but set an example of what it means to be a hero."

Sitting in the study, Izumi and I began working on the month of missed school work... Izumi was working on the months worth of school work as I help her understand it, seeing how I had already completed at the work the day before dad's death. "Izuku, Izumi. Can you come and sit on the table?"

"Ok!" We both announced, walking out to the dining room. Stopping at the doorway, Izumi and I noticed that the table was already set with candles, streamers and plates. Looking at each other we try and comprehend what is happening, still following what mum asked of us.

Mum walks in with a lit up cake as she begins to sing. "Happy birthday to you~." Our eyes widen as we realise that it's our birthday. "Happy birthday to you~. Happy birthday Izuku and Izumi~. Happy birthday to you~." Tears begin to fall down our faces, as mum places the cake down in front of us. "Make a wish." After blowing out the candles, mum begins to remove the candles. "What did you wish for, Izuku?" Trying to keep it somewhat normal.

"I wished for Izumi's wish to come true." As I turn to her.

"Izumi what did you wish for?" Mum questioned.

"I-I wished for dad's dream doesn't disappear. I really want someone, anyone to take the position. Then his legacy will live on, and more importantly he'll live on in that legacy." She looks down, trying not to ball her eyes out as I pull her into a firm hug.

"Do you two still want to be heroes?" Mum asked, keeping herself calm by cutting the cake.

"I am. Knowing that I have the power to save so many lives, but choose not to would just eat me up inside." She said, as she pulls herself out of the hug. "But Izuku, please don't become. You didn't get dad's quirk, and the fear you'll lose your life if your equipment fails... Please Izuku?" As she looks into my eyes.

"Just like you, Izumi. It'll eat me alive if I don't... But, if by some luck I find something that makes me willing to let go of my dream. Then I'll go to it." I state looking back at her. Izumi pulling me back into a hug, with the simple possibility of risking my quirkless life.

Mum serves the cake as she decides to speak up. "Izumi, Izuku. I have to tell you guys something that I've decided." Both of us turn to her. "I agree that Dad's dream is slowly dying away, so I've decided that I'll take that role." Izumi and I become the Pikachu meme. "It's not a decision that I made lightly, and you two will need to work harder because I can't always be their for you. This is the price that needs to be payed for his dream to stay alive." Both Izumi and I look at each other and then returning a determined gaze to mum, she gives a slight smile. "You two truly are his kids... Come on, let's finish up here then and go open up your presents."

Finishing up, mum brings out the presents, giving one Izumi and two to me. "Why do I have two, where as Izumi has one?"

"I got so many when you were getting none." Izumi trying to make me feel better about it.

"I don't want even. I want a happy family, no matter if's odd." I stated, looking at her.

"We thought you might say that, so dad and I decided to give you guys a present each. He was having issues finding a present for Izumi, so he was planning to go find her a present after the villain incident." Mum corrected as she begins to play with my hair, I look down at one of the presents that says 'From Dad Might'. Opening it up, I see a logo that has a shield with a fist punching it on a black case. Inside is a tablet with a connected pen, bracelet and charging cables. "Your dad found all the paper you toss out every time you make a mistake, so he got uncle David Shield to create a electronic notebook that gets stored into this bracelet, as well the bracelet is also a watch. It can be charged by via being plugged in or either Izumi or I use the electro portion of our quirks on it. The casing is fireproof, waterproof and surge immune for both the bracelet and the notebook." I hold the tablet to my chest as I begin to cry. 'Even from the dead, he noticed.'

I completely forgot that mum bought me a present.

Thanks for reading and peace!