Chapter 15

Kimora's POV

"Kimora, have you packed your bag?" "Yes, dad!" "Does you uniform need ironing?" "No, dad!" "And -" "Relax dad! I got it all. Everything's in order. Do not panic."

The school was reopening again. My dad was excited that I was finally in 11th. I had opted for humanities despite hearing from many people that DPS's humanity faculty actually sucks. I only opted for humanities because  (A) I knew PCM wasn't my cup of tea (B) I hated biology so PCB was out of option (C) I did not understand commerce (D) I was really interested in studying history and geography.

In addition to that, my dad and I were looking for a boarding school so that no transfers could bother me anymore. I had somehow managed my studies in 10th despite the transfer but we didn't want any disturbance in 12th. That year was more crucial than the one just gone.

"Beep beep!" Dad's alarm rang. "Go Kim, it's 6 o'clock now!" I just nodded with a faint smile and hurried down the stairs.

***

Vivaan's POV

Kimora was panting when she reached the bus stop. She slung the bag off her shoulder and put it on the ground beside her. She had washed her hair in the morning, I guess, for they were still wet. She was wearing a different set of earrings. White pearls set on a gold rhombus adorned her soft earlobes. That thought made my spine tingle.

She was removing something from her bag. She kept on digging in her bag but couldn't find it, I guess, because she just shrugged and closed the bag. "Morning!" she mumbled with half a toast in her mouth. I wonder how she managed to speak like that. "Morning!" I wished back.

Once she was done eating her toast, she ran to her building and back twice. Is she demented? I gave her a confused look before she explained herself. "Look, I am trying to lose some weight here, okay? So stop giving me that look!" As if she needs to. "Who is going to eat the paneer parathas my mom made then?" I asked mischievously. "You would!" she said with an annoyed tone.

Of course, I will annoy her as long as I can. How else will I get her attention?

***

Kimora's POV

We were all assembled in the school ground, waiting to be segregated into our classes. The PCM students were sent to their classes first. Then came commerce kids. "Vivaan Dutt - 11th E!" He's a commercee? 

At last, my name came. Yes, mine was the last name to be announced. "Kimora Rent - 11th J!" I sighed as I picked my bag and stood in the queue for my class. I saw the rest of the students heading towards the first floor but my queue was headed towards... the basement? Seriously?

Hell yeah! My class had to be cut off from everyone else, just like my social life. Seems like even the school is mocking at me. Most of my classmates knew each other and sat in groups. Before I could decide where to sit, I realised there were only two seats left. Here goes my sorry ass on this seat while that not-so-intelligent girl sits next to me

"Hi! What's your name?" I asked politely. "Khushi Jain!" she replied. I noticed she had braces. I wanted to sit with someone... cooler. Someone smart. Like Veronica or Tamanna. I noticed a girl with bangs was sitting in the front left corner of the room with another girl of similar build and was laughing pretty loudly. She seems pretty cool!

***

Vivaan's POV

I was half asleep when my name had been announced in the school ground. So when I turned around in my class to spot my friends, I was actually surprised that I barely had any. I didn't even know which class was Kim promoted to. Wasn't she for PCM? I wasn't 100% sure. I remember her saying she never wanted to take it. "I hate maths!" she had told him numerous times. Would she still have taken it?

***

Kimora's POV

I was very excited to tell Avani about my small achievement during my small 14-day-break. "Hey Avani!" I literally screamed when I saw her again. I had missed her throughout February and March. She was practically my little sister.

"Hi!" she waved like a maniac at me and pointed to the seat next to her. "Sit!" she said. "Listen, Avani, I did something this break. And it's huge!" "What did you do?" "I wrote a book and my dad is planning to get it published!" "WHAT?!" Avani screamed, startling a few people nearby.

"What happened? Why are you shouting?" Vivaan asked Avani drowsily the moment he stepped onto the bus. "She -" I cut her off by placing my hand on her mouth. Vivaan stepped closer to us and whispered to me. "What did you do?" I wanted to tell him but it didn't really seem anything worth telling him.

But Avani being Avani, opened her big mouth and told him that I had written a book and was planning to publish it. "WHAT?!" he screamed just like Avani had. I facepalmed at that. "Okay guys, it's not a big deal! Stop shouting!" I said and they gave me a look which said is-she-crazy?

"What?" I questioned them. "Publishing a book is NOT a big deal? Are you fucking serious here?" Vivaan asked me while shaking me by my shoulders. "Avani's look betrayed the same thought. "Guys, I haven't published it. I am just thinking of it." I reminded. "And then there are kids like me who waste their break time by watching YouTube and playing mobile games," he said in an embarrassed tone.

"I'm just an overachiever. After all, life's too short, so I got to do everything I can while I still got time." I wish they actually knew how much time I really had.

***

Vivaan's POV

"Do you like her?" Bidaan asked me when I went to meet him at his house in the evening. "Like who?" I asked, all flustered from the sudden question. "You know who. Kimora," he drawled. "Sort of?" "Is that a question or an answer?" he asked me.

"Bro, I am only asking you this because there are a few guys who have started to notice her. Guys you do not want to compete with," he added. "And may I know who they are?" I'll rip their heads off! "Well, remember that guy Taranjay from her class? The tall, dusky guy with round specs?" "Yeah?" "Well, he has a huge crush on her and I think even Kimora knows about it by now."

"She does?" I asked in astonishment. "Well, I guess she might. I mean, half the batch knows," Bidaan shrugged. Shit! Shit shit shit no shit I don't want to compete with them I want to take it slow I - "You still there?" Bidaan waved his hand in front of my face. "Yeah, yeah, continue," I urged. 

"Pratham and Bhavya... I overheard them in the recess today. They both fancy her." "But aren't they... that? Fuckbois?" I asked with a special emphasis on the last word as if it was something repulsive. To me, it was. I couldn't bear to think that some guys would actually go ahead to mistreat them when they are so gentle and caring.

"They are! And that is what worries me. She doesn't know everyone, so she doesn't know who is right for her and who is not. Those two guys are very charming and deceptive, so I don't know if Kim will fall for them or not. I think you should make the first move soon." I nodded in agreement.

Kimora is mine. I won't let anyone have her.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I really enjoyed writing this chapter. I don't know how my real-life Vivaan ever felt about me but this story needs so much more spice, so I decided to just add my own tadka here (hehe, sorry, but I got a really imaginative brain)

I know that you must have found that part where Kimora downplays her achievement as frustrating. Blame the writer for this! I was 16 when I published my first 2 books. One of them was "Death For The Better" (available on Wattpad). I agree that now when I read them, I feel I didn't do justice to them but back then, it was a big thing in everyone's eyes.

You know the basics - Vote, Comment and add this story to your library! Have a good day : )