CH-16 THE UNEXPECTED GUEST

For a second my heart forgot to beat

For a second my heart forgot to beat. I was horrified by the scene in front of my eyes.

"Taha!" I ran to him.

He had fallen on the floor by the intensity of pain. I put his head on my lap.
"Are you mad!" I shouted at him.

He had shot his left arm. He is good at shooting, the bullet passed injuring the skin only. Nothing was serious but his arm was bleeding.

"Hey, I am the one who got shot then why you are crying?"

Am I crying?

I felt tiny drops on my cheeks. Yes, I am crying.

He winced in pain, which reminded me of what I was about to do.
"Let's go to the hospital." I carefully held his arm.

"No need for it. It's a minor injury."

His ignorance only fuelled the anger I was trying to control myself for now. I kept silent and began dragging him towards the car.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Taha's P.O.V:

You must be thinking that I am a psycho. Who shoots himself?

But I can. And I will do it again and again when she'll ignore me. Her negligence burns my insides. She is my world. I don't like being ignored by her.

And trust me, these injuries never hurt me. Not more than what I have suffered in my childhood. Seeing your mother bearing pain hurts the most.

First, a mother bears pain to bring us into this world. Then she bears pain to save us from this world.

She protected me till her last breath. But a moment came when she lost her courage. And she left me forever.

Aqsa reminds me of her. This is the reason I started loving her. And her personality charmed me to the extent that now I am addicted to her.

But she has a fear. She doesn't fear me. She fears love. Maybe because she never received love. She doesn't understand love.

But whenever I am in pain, her care towards me indicates that she knows how to love. But she isn't aware of her feelings.

Right now I am in a hospital, the same hospital where Jashn works.

Jashn and Aqsa, both are collectively scolding me for my little, actually great, madness.

But I am loving their scoldings. Because they love me. It's their care towards me.

I don't remember till now how many times Jashn smacked at my shoulder while shouting. While Aqsa is still sobbing lightly and lecturing me about the things which could happen if I got shot at the wrong place. They are getting overdramatic.