Got Your Back

Sukara felt as though she couldn't breathe. She had been so happy, but now all she could feel was fear and rage. She sat with Voya on her lap, still holding on tight, and everyone else standing around her.

"Let me take her," Hata said quietly, a hand on Sukara's shoulder to let her know she was there, "I'm not going to be much use here and she doesn't need to listen to this."

Sukara nodded letting Hata take Voya to distract her from all of this. She had been crying earlier but had stopped now and was just holding on to whoever was holding her. Sukara felt like she was in a daze, like everything wasn't quite real but some kind of nightmare that she was dreaming.

There was chatter around her but she wasn't listening. They were trying to figure how to go forward. The chatter died down making Sukara look up from the floor.

"I want to help," Ozah said nervously as everyone looked at him.

"What's he doing here?" Lin asked, turning to Sukara.

But she wasn't listening to her. The glare on her face making Ozah nervous to be standing in front of her.

"You can start by giving me some answers," she told him, immediately standing and moving towards him.

He stumbled back, trying to get away from her.

"I swear I don't know what happened," he said as he hit his back on a pillar.

"You attacked us twice," Sukara growled, pinning him with one hand, a small dagger of fire in the other, "you expect me to believe you?"

"Hey, Hothead," Toph said, deciding to intervene as she put a hand o  Sukara's arm, "he's not lying to you. I know you're scared but there's no reason to attack an innocent man."

"Promise me Ozah," Sukara said, more softly now.

"I promise," he told her sincerely.

Sukara let out a breath and stepped back.

"Come on, we need to work out where she might be," Toph told her, guiding her back into the group.

"Was Mom ever that gentle with us?" Su joked, turning to Lin to try and get her to relax a little.

"You two aren't avatars with tempers that started wars," Toph said, rolling her eyes, "if being gentle is what she needs, it's what she'll get."

"That doesn't matter," Lin snapped, folding her arms, "we need to sort out who took Kuvira."

"It's Guan, it's gotta be," Sukara told her.

"We don't know that."

"Who else would've done this?" Sukara asked, getting quickly annoyed with the fact that Lin seemed to want to take this slow, "who else would have had the resources to pull this off?"

"I don't want you going on a wild goose chase for him when she might not even be there," Lin told her firmly, standing her ground.

"So what? You want me to stand here and do nothing?" Sukara argued, her fuse running short.

"That's not what I said," Lin said, trying to reason with her but in her fear Sukara wasn't listening, not really.

"Sukara come on," Iroh said softly, putting a hand on her shoulder and pulling her away, "you're not angry at at Lin. Cool off for a second."

"I'm not going to sit around Iroh," she told him as they walked away.

"I know," he nodded, putting his arm round her to keep her walking with him, "I think it's time for another road trip. Just us."

Sukara looked up at him, surprised that he would want to go against the police chief's decision.

"I agree with you, I think it was Guan," Iroh said as they approached Ozah who had hurriedly pushed himself off the table he was sitting on when he saw them, "he may not have been a part of this or even known about it, but he knows more about what Guan's been up to than we do. I think we should take him with us."

Sukara nodded, turning to Ozah, "everything you know about Gaun. Go."