Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17

The train station is packed full of men, women, and children all trying to make their way to school, work, etc. People stand in neat lines, waiting for their trains, some on their phones while others stand silently and stare off into space. And, one woman is trying to keep her crying child from jumping onto the train tracks.

Meanwhile, Class 1-A stands in the cross-section with their homeroom teacher. You listen as Aizawa explains the rules on quirk usage, hero costumes, and proper behavior during the internships. It's all normal stuff, like not using our quirks or wearing our costumes unless permitted by the hero we're working with. And, we have to be on our best behavior since we're representing UA.

"You all understand?" Aizawa finishes, sweeping the crowd of students with a stern glare.

"Yessir!" Mina cheers, bouncing around and swinging her suitcase. She's been excited about the internships all week and she has been texting you nonstop all morning.

"Speak properly Ashido," Aizawa scolds.

Mina's mood drops as she mumbles out a much less enthusiastic, "Yes sir."

"You're dismissed. Get to your train and don't be late," Aizawa tells us, then leaves to head home. He would rather not spend the weekend with his students.

You pull out your train ticket, checking to make sure you know which platform to go to. You see Ida walk away from the class, deciding to follow him since you two are going to the same place. You jog to catch up with him and match his quick steps.

"Ida-kun wait!" Midoriya calls out. Uraraka stands next to him, hands clamped together as she takes in a shaky breath. They stand behind the two of you, smiling nervously as they go to say goodbye to their friend.

"You know if something is bothering you, Ida, you can talk to us. You're our friend," Midoriya tells him, a hopeful smile on his face. But, Ida's blank stare doesn't waver at his friend's words. Instead, he plasters on a fake smile to divert their worries.

"Thank you. Both of you. But I'm fine." Ida brushes off, turning and continuing to the platform without another word. You notice Uraraka and Midoriya's smiles fall as they stare at the ground. You let out a small sigh, laying a hand on their shoulders and squeezing them reassuringly.

"There is no need to worry you two," You tell them, trying to smile at them, "I'm worried about Ida too. That's why I'm taking an internship in Hosu, to look after him. I'll keep him safe."

At the same time, they pull you into a tight hug, thanking you over and over again until the intercom comes on. "The train for Starford city on platform ten is leaving in 5 minutes. Anyone who hasn't made it to the platform needs to make their way over."

"That's my train! I'll see you later Deku!" Uraraka shouts, sprinting in the opposite direction. Midoriya thanks you one more time before also running off to catch his train.

"(Y/nnnnnnn)!" You hear someone shout before being tackled to the ground.

You look up to see Mina sitting on top of you, squeezing the life out of you as she nuzzles her face in your chest. You pat her hair, knowing it's the only thing you can do until she releases you. After a minute, she lets go and helps you stand. The rest of the squad is waiting and pulls you into a group hug as soon as you are on your feet. Bakugo was also dragged along and is squished in the middle with you.

"I'm going to miss you guys!!"

"We'll have to hang out again as soon as we get back!"

"I can't believe I'm not going to see my besties for a whole week!"

"Make sure to stay in touch!"

"Let go of me fuckers!!" Bakugo screeches, struggling in their grip. It only makes them hug you tighter, causing you and Bakugo to be squeezed even closer together.