Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26

"You've got to be kidding me," You deadpan, staring at the group of idiots standing right outside your apartment complex.

You just happened to walk outside at the same time the Bakusquad was on their way to your favorite diner just down the street. Of course, they invited you to tag along, you were actually on your way there, but it seems they were as well. So here you are, the location of your living quarters now revealed as Mina happily bounces towards you with a big smile.

"Wow! You live here? Your place is so nice looking!" She shouts, staring in awe at the tall, modern complex. It's definitely nicer than most of the buildings around.

"Yeah," You grumble, sighing as Kirishima flanks your side and tosses an arm over your shoulder. Kaminari and Sero let out low whistles, admiring the structure.

"It's not that fucking impressive," Bakugo grumbles, shoving past the gawking idiots. You share a look at him, your eyes meeting as a silent message is passed between you two. You aren't going to tell the squad about the time you two hung out at your apartment. They might know that he knows where you live, but they don't know about how he came to figure that information out.

"What floor do you live on?"

"How big is your apartment?"

"Your parents must be rich! How can they afford such a nice place?"

Sero's last question strikes a nerve, your back straightening like a board, and you hope no one noticed. "Uh yeah..." You mumble more to yourself than the others. Bakugo's eyes are on you as he takes in your uncomfortable behavior and stiff posture. You obviously haven't told them about your past yet, so why did you share that information with him of all people?

But now isn't the time to ask, he can respect your decision enough that he won't mention your situation in front of the squad unless you want him to.

"Let's go dumbasses!" Bakugo shouts, getting a head start as he takes off down the sidewalk. The other's attention snaps in his direction at the distraction.

"Hey wait up man!" Kirishima calls out, releasing you to chase after the blond.

You smile at the gesture. You can tell Bakugo is doing it so they don't ask about your parents, and he didn't say anything about your past. Looks like he is showing a bit of his softer side, the side he rarely shows to his friends, and only when he feels the need to protect them. Just like the time he tackled you when you told the squad you didn't want to be their friend near the beginning of your transfer.

Mina hangs off your arm, talking heartily about her summer vacation so far and how she and her dad went shopping the other day. She shows you her new sandals that she bought, admiring them and explaining how she loves the baby blue color against her skin.

"They look nice," You praise, making the smile widen on Mina's face. You might not have an eye for fashion but if she loves them then that's a good enough reason to compliment her on them. Mina continues to talk about all of the stuff she bought, even showing you a couple pictures of her modeling the clothes.

Luckily, it only takes another minute for your group to arrive at the diner. As soon as you step in, the owner spins forward with a large grin plastered on her face. She has faded blond hair that's slowly starting to turn grey, pale brown eyes, and a kind smile. She takes in your small group, her eyes landing on you as her grin widens even more.

"(Y/n) hun! You've come to visit me!" Oka exclaims, pulling you away from Mina and into her arms. Her mood suddenly takes a 180 as she releases you from the tight hug and smacks you on the head with a paper menu. She repeats the action several times until she feels satisfied with her 'beating'. Being hit with paper didn't exactly hurt though. "Why has it been so long!"