Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 27

⚠︎ Warning: Mentions of blood ⚠︎︎

Streaks of sticky crimson run down your arms like miniature rivers. They trail off, making your arm into a landscape of cuts, bruises, blood trails, and smudges of dirt. Your arms aren't the only part of you like that, your legs, chest, back, shoulders, and face are covered in the crimson substance, making you look like a whole different person. The only thing making you identifiable is the ripped black jacket with your logo around your body.

You hiss as your arm swings too much and you stumble into a brick wall. Your dislocated shoulder almost makes you cry out in pain as you ram it straight into the wall. Everything starts spinning as your vision swims with lights that aren't there.

The villain you just fought was faster than you thought, having the ability to produce swords from his body. To touch him you had to leave your quirk off, therefore ending up with the injuries you have now. It didn't help that his buddies had his back and were beating you up too. But, you still kicked their asses and handed them over to the police.

You let out a deep groan, leaning against the wall for support before sliding down in pain. You can barely even stay upright now.

Just as you prepare to teleport home so you can patch yourself up, you remember that you used the last of your bandages last week when you got hurt. And being the idiot you are, you forgot to buy more. Another annoyed groan escapes your dry throat. Tonight is getting better and better by the second.

As much as you know you'll regret it, your only choice is to go to Toshinori's house and borrow some of his. On one side, you won't bleed to death. But on the other, he might kill you himself for being reckless.

Knowing you don't have a choice, you teleport to the familiar porch of your soon-to-be pissed father figure. You throw down your hood, running a hand through your dirt and blood-coated hair with your good arm. You hesitate for a moment before knocking loudly on the front door.

You wait a moment, realizing that wasn't enough to wake him up and knock again louder this time. Your arms feel like there are weights attached to them from how tired you are. You're struggling enough to stand up straight, lifting your arms is a whole other problem.

After knocking a third time, you hear faint footsteps approaching from inside. The door creaks as it opens to reveal a tired Toshinori standing in the doorway. He's rubbing his teary eyes, not even noticing your bloodied condition yet.

"Who in the world is knocking on my door at 1-" Toshinori stops as he stops rubbing his eyes and finally notices you standing there. Your entire body is caked in blood, dirt, and whatnot, gashes and scrapes litter your entire form, dark bruises on every visible area, and he can tell there is something wrong with your left shoulder. Toshinori's mouth drops open in terror as he takes in just how roughed up you are.

"Wha-what happened to y-you?" He breaths out in shock. His shaky voice makes you flinch. You hate seeing him like this, so afraid for you, but you didn't know what else to do.

"I...I got a little hurt while I was patrolling. There were supervillains and I couldn't use my quirk to beat them..." Your voice trails off at the end in shame. You know that you can't always be this reckless. One of these days you might not come back, and then what would Toshinori do?

"A-A little?! You look like you're on death's door! We need to patch you up now!" He suddenly exclaims, his gentle personality fading away, and grabs you by the wrist.

He leads you through the house, not even waiting for you to kick off your filthy boots at the door. He sits you down on the edge of the bathtub, hurriedly turning to the cabinets to pull out First Aid equipment. It's silent between you two, heavy tension hanging in the air.