Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28

Sike!!

You thought that was all for this weekend. Happy 100k special lovelies.

- • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • -

You groan, the bed creaking under you as you try to shift your sore body into a more comfortable position. Which is extremely difficult considering your whole body is covered in bruises, cuts, and gashes, and the stiffness in your limbs and torso from the bandages and stitches don't help. You feel like a mummy and most likely look like one too covered in all of these slings.

You roll over to glance at the alarm clock displaying a 7 in blinking red characters. That would be a pretty good time to wake up if it wasn't for the fact you didn't go to bed until after 3 am last night. Last night was a rough and emotional rollercoaster, with you finally recognizing your romantic interest in your blond classmate.

You whine, burying your face in the pillow as memories of Bakugo swarm your head. Now that you realized the feelings are there, you can't get him out of your mind. Spiky blond hair, ruby-red eyes, and that devilish smirk he wears on his face with pride. Every small detail you can remember about him is amplified in your brain, making heat rush to your cheeks.

Rays of sunlight peek from behind the edges of the curtain, reminding you of the time and whose house you're at. You slowly manage to sit up and throw off the warm sheets, your back disagreeing with the movements but you try to ignore it. Fresh stitches are the worst.

Your bare feet meet the cold wooden floor as you move to stand up, making you flinch and lift them before slowly placing them back down. You hear the small clanks of pans from outside the bedroom, knowing that Toshinori is making you two breakfast. Just the mere thought has your stomach growling.

You limp across the room to the white door, slowly opening it as to not alert Toshinori you're awake. He'll most likely scold you the first chance he gets and you'd rather put it off as long as possible.

You tiptoe down the hallway silently, stopping to peek around the corner and see Toshinori cooking in the kitchen. Just like you thought. As you pull your head back to hide, your eyes catch the body-length mirror nailed to the wall.

You look like shit.

Bandages cover every visible area of skin, even around part of your forehead. Your eyes have dark bags under them, your hair is clean but messy from sleep, and to top it all off, the few visible areas of skin are dyed shades of purple, blue, and black.

You huff, grabbing a strand of hair hanging in front of your eyes and tucking it behind your ear. How are you supposed to hide this? The bandages will be visible no matter what summer clothes you wear unless you want to overheat in a hoodie and sweatpants. You stare at your beaten reflection, not being able to stop your mind from going back to Bakugo. What would he think if he saw you like this? Beaten and bloody and all-around vulnerable. Would he think you're weak? A loser? Would he still want to be around you after this?

Your mind is overwhelmed with thoughts of what Bakugo would say if he saw you so weak. Vulnerable. Stupid. This never would've happened if you had called for backup and didn't try to handle things on your own. But then, you'd be worried that someone else would die if they fought those guys. You wouldn't forgive yourself if another hero died because you couldn't handle something yourself. You're the No. 3 hero for goodness sake.

You turn away from your pitiful reflection, staring at the baggy clothes Toshinori lent you. The t-shirt is about three sizes too big as well as the shorts. You had to tie them all the way just to keep them around your waist and the t-shirt hangs off your shoulders and drapes over you like a dress. Funny enough, the shirt also has a faded All Might logo on it. You never knew Toshinori had some of his own merch.