Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29

If they would've known it would end like this, they never would have done it.

A scream erupts from Kaminari's raw throat as he is stabbed in the gut, body falling to the ground silently as the killer disappears into the darkness. A small chuckle comes from you as your screen changes to display the word 'Victory' as your mini astronaut character stands underneath it.

"Aw! Not again!" Kaminari screeches. He flops forward on his bed near Mina's lap and pouts.

"Why do you keep getting Imposter!" Kirishima whines, glaring at you.

Bakugo screams as he suddenly tries to lunge at you but Sero shoots tape around his waist to pull him down. This is the fourth time in a row you've been imposter on the new game the squad introduced you to. Funny thing is, you've only played four rounds. For some reason, you're always elected imposter and you've won every single time.

Trust has been betrayed too many times and the squad now refuses to travel with you and avoids your black character like the plague. You can't help that you keep getting the same role and that you always target Bakugo first to piss him off. It's just too funny.

To be honest, this is all Kaminari's fault. He invited the squad to his house for a day full of gaming and fun and you were able to come since Toshinori won't let you work until you're healed. But, when they decided to play Among Us first, you stupidly asked what it is and got a half an hour-long lecture on the game and had it forcefully downloaded on your phone.

"You're cheating!" Mina exclaims, glaring at you like an angry kitten. You can never take her seriously. The others complain as well, telling you to share the killer role.

Another light chuckle escapes you at the 'threatening' look on their faces. "I can't help it," You claim, smirking evilly as the next round starts and you are once again the imposter.

You immediately plaster an innocent look on your face, furrowing your eyebrows as you pretend to scan your task list. "Where is the card swipe again?" You ask, trying to sound genuinely confused. Mina looks at you suspiciously from your right and you keep up the innocent act.

"You're not imposter this time?" Mina asks hesitantly, trying to read your expression.

"Five times in a row? No, can you help me?" You ask her and she flops to sit a little closer to you. She starts to explain the formula for getting the perfect card swipe as she does the task herself and you pretend to do it as well. Luckily, Mina is a true player and doesn't look at your screen. On the couch across the room from you, Bakugo curses up a storm as he fails over and over again to do the card swipe task, doing it too fast.

You chuckle at his failure, him screaming for you to shut up. Mina ignores your bickering as she leads you to Electrical to 'do wires'. As soon as she starts the task, her attention drawn elsewhere, you jump in the nearby vent and go to medbay. You find and kill Kirishima before going back to electrical just as Mina finishes, looking like you were there all along.

You see Kirishima pout across the room near Bakugo, giving you a sad look but staying silent as he waits to be found.

"Where is your next wires task?" Mina asks innocently, leading you to storage.

"O2," You respond, "How about we both finish our wires then meet up in the cafeteria?"

"Sounds like a plan."

You split off, heading the opposite way as Mina's pink character turns towards the left side of the map. You smile as you find Sero in the Navigation area, quickly killing him before going over to O2. Suddenly, a loud screech erupts from Kaminari as Kirishima's body is reported. You're pulled away from your 'task' to a meeting, waiting to see what's going to happen.